CISSP what can you do with it?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys no offense
but with CCNA and CCNP and CCVP I can have skills of setting up networks with data and voice, but with a CISSP what actually can you do? I mean what are the skillsets????

thanks

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It covers managerial-level security topics. Honestly, it's so broad that there's not a lot you can "do" with the material you learn, at least the way you're thinking. You can almost think of it as more planning and design than implementation. For example, you'll learn when and why you'd want to implement a VPN, but you're not going to learn how to configure a VPN.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik

oh oh I see Like my favorite CIO job! hahaa dont get me started right!? hahaahaha

hey thanks dynamic, I see. darn..I am doomed I do not see myself as a person who wants to pontificate what he is doing!

pontificate definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

that sucks because I would like to get paid manager\Director pay but work like a engineer/tech. Would rather have massive skillsets than massive areas to speak fuzzily on! ;)

ps. those who read my crap...I can be alittle extreme but it is because I am passionate about doing not talking about it....but talking about it can be good - I think...an hopefully I know what I am talking about..icon_thumright.gif

Dynamic good luck with your studies..
    OMG!!!!! Dynamic is that for reals??? your post count crap!

you are the man. you should write books dude. you are what they call a prolific writer. dude you are the man. you should write books. you have the gift of writing on your side....

wowowow
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It is advantageous to have a higher-level understanding of IT concepts in addition to the nitty-gritty technical details. Our job is to support business operations, and the more we understand about those processes, the better we can do our jobs. I personally don't want to have a C-level management position, but I work with those people on a regular basis. It's important that I understand their needs and can effectively communicate with them.

I personally don't want to have a C-level management position, but I work with those people on a regular basis. It's important that I understand their needs and can effectively communicate with them.

dude spoken like successful guy! thanks dynamic you are on the money
    and I just joke about CIOs and CISSPs but I would hope they would want hands on too and to me the CISSP is getting good with mandatory experience requirements which I think are cool...and not just pass and exam...supposedly CISSPs get paid C-level pay..
    thanks for you help and wisdom dude!
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Almost nothing in reality.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GAngel wrote: »
    Almost nothing in reality.

Hmm, are you in the Matrix???? icon_lol.gif
    GAngel and Veritas
    hhaaaha that is sofunny yeah I agree they quote big bucks for CISSPs but
    I believe in the future they will be in higher demand that is why they upped the requirements hang in there man and your work will pay off;)

but yeah it would be cool to be inthe matrix. I just watched the all 3 movies and it was great...icon_redface.gif
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can get a raise with it. That's generally the reason people get it. I know generally most of the information in the CISSP material but like all certifications, it represents a certain level of knowledge. You may be more knowledgeable than the certification represents but at least it represents a baseline competency.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    You can get a raise with it. That's generally the reason people get it. I know generally most of the information in the CISSP material but like all certifications, it represents a certain level of knowledge. You may be more knowledgeable than the certification represents but at least it represents a baseline competency.

That's true
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• secbensecben Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    first of all hats off to dynamic icon_thumright.gif

I'm still an Assocate of ISC2 towards CISSP. What i gained by doing the exam is the broad knowledge that 10 domains of the CBK covers. Before doing the exam also I had a fairly good knowledge on security stuff. But they were like separate pieces of a puzzle that wasn't quite connected. So after doing that some of those connections are more apparent to me. I cant really think of an example right now, but hope you get what I'm trying to say :).

Since the exam is more focused on the managerial aspect, I also get why managers are who they are. When i'm proposing solutions also I try to think of the business need before anything else. Now i ask my self, "do they really need IPS box and a firewall connected to a high-end layer-3 switch?". So you get

I'm doing a masters in infosec. so it has helped me a lot when studying for security subjects in the MSc.
  • rob7278rob7278 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Secben
    you have the associates of CISSP? was it a difficult course? I was thinking about following that path once I finish all my Microsoft certs.
    Security certs-SSCP, GIAC, CISSP, CISM, etc