ONT tomorrow

jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
Going for second attempt of ONT tomorrow afternoon; failed 1st with 666 double icon_sad.gif

I have failed the past 5 exams on the first attempt now, but so far always pass on second. I just hope I can maintain that record tomorrow.

Btw, is anyone else from the south putting in tomarrow and getting lots of spell check errors?

Darned acasent givun trabowls.
Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your test "tomarrow"! As long as you studied your weak areas, you should be fine!!! What materials did you use to prepare for this exam?
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gud luk y'all!! icon_thumright.gif

(I won't say how long ago it was y'all, but those 18 months I spent at Fort Polk still come back to haunt me at the strangest times).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Good luck on your exam! You will keep that record icon_thumright.gif Just keep positive and you'll be posting to us here later on telling us you passed! After that you'll only have BCMSN left right?
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    jeanathan wrote: »
    Darned acasent givun trabowls.

Made me LOL. Nice.

Good luck on ONT!
  • jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    Thanks for the support guys. Passed with 811, not my best score on a cisco exam, but not to shabby either.

I used "for cisco employees personal study only" guide to the ONT exam which follows the exam materials far closer than the book by Amir Ranjbar "Office Exam Certification Guide". I read both books I watched the CBT Nuggets video series on the ONT which goes off into left field at times, but is entertaining and education. To pass I made up flash cards and quized myself on things like dscp to 802.1p (CoS) to WMM to 802.1e values. I did the Q&A in the offical exam guide book and the Q&A on the cd that comes with it.

Yep BCMSN is it.
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Thanks for the support guys. Passed with 811, not my best score on a cisco exam, but not to shabby either.

I used "for cisco employees personal study only" guide to the ONT exam which follows the exam materials far closer than the book by Amir Ranjbar "Office Exam Certification Guide". I read both books I watched the CBT Nuggets video series on the ONT which goes off into left field at times, but is entertaining and education. To pass I made up flash cards and quized myself on things like dscp to 802.1p (CoS) to WMM to 802.1e values. I did the Q&A in the offical exam guide book and the Q&A on the cd that comes with it.

Yep BCMSN is it.

I am not sure if you can answer it but what score did you need to pass? Don't forget to add it to your list of accomplishments icon_thumright.gif. I am in progress of studying for the ONT now, I am using the Exam Certification Guide, the Train Signal videos, and I also have the Quick Reference guide. I plan to test at the end of April, beginning of May more than likely.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done :) just one more to go then ;)

I got my Switch exam next week.. can't wait....
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    I am not sure if you can answer it but what score did you need to pass?

I am afraid to say because I haven't ever really read the NDA, but let us just say if you have ever taken the BSCI exam I can say that the score needed to pass is the same.

Good luck on the SWTICH exam DevilWAH. Don't forget to study all of the domains including WCS and WLSE software features and menuscreens Bill and the best of luck to you on the ONT.

I wish I could combine the Switch with my other exams and skip the BCMSN, oh well.