Exam 70-699: Windows Server 2003, MCSA Security Specialization Skills Update

Has anyone attemtped this exam? I am not sure if it really has any value especially since it is no longer on the DoD 8570 Rev2 along with C|EH now missing. I have a voucher to use, and I am trying to stay centered on security. Can anyone reccomend other M$ security exams?
Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    ISA 2006?

I'd also be willing to bet that there will be a Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 exam for before too terribly long.
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    I did take the 70-351 and have the MCTS ISA 2006 for my current MCSA:Security... TMG might be fun... Any others?
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
    I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

But why was the 299 removed from the DoD stuff? I thought it was specifically made to renew the MCSA:S for DoD requirements.
    It is the 699, but yea i was wondering that myself...
    Oops! meant 699.

Hmm...It kinda makes me want to email Born2Learn and ask "wtf?" lol
  • SupermiguelSupermiguel Member Posts: 122
    DoD as dep of defense?

Im taking this test in 2 weeks.. still wondering if i should cancell it and take something else not sure if any employer will really care about it im N+ so with this test i get my security especialization but... who cares?
    Hang on, this test will not give you MCSA: Sec, you have to pass another sec exam like ISA. this is the skills update that doesnt count as an elective.

Once you do have MCSA: Security this exams 'upgrades' you to MCSA Security Plus Recertification credential. Giving you ISO complaince and possible Department of Defense 8570 compliance.

From MS Learning:

Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)

"To earn the MCSA Security Specialization plus recertification for Windows Server 2003, you must hold the MCSA Security on Windows Server 2003 and pass one additional exam—Exam 70-699."