Interesting eMail from IBM

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
I received the following eMail from IBM today:

"Register now for the IBM Oracle-Sun Sales Rally near you

With the Sun acquisition complete, Oracle has boldly declared it will go after IBM clients worldwide.

As an IBM Business Partner, this is an excellent opportunity to team with IBM to execute! When you combine our software, hardware, services, financing capabilities and our team of IBM sellers and Business Partners - hands down - there's no competition...IBM wins.

This rally gives you the tools and tactics you need for migrating Oracle and Sun workloads to IBM. We are in a very good position to meet the Oracle-Sun challenge and provide our clients significant value.
Hear Oracle-Sun myths exposed
Get the combined IBM value story
Listen to key wins and stories from the field

Please join us for a reception immediately following the rally. You will have a chance to network with your peers and brainstorm on competitive strategies.

I encourage all of our IBM Business Partners to attend and support this local event.

Bob Finnecy
IBM Sales & Distribution, Software Sales
Vice President, North America Business Partner Sales

Register now for a city near you."

Funny because so much of IBM's code base these days is Java....

I knew this battle would start....I wonder where it will end up. I'm going to go to one of these things and see how good the mudslinging is....

MS

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    I knew this battle would start....I wonder where it will end up. I'm going to go to one of these things and see how good the mudslinging is....
    It's actually been going on for a while... IBM has been taking advantage of the "confusion" of the acquisition to convert Sun customers. Here's an article from as far back as May 4:
    IBM Pays Customers To Ditch Sun Servers (InformationWeek)

The event sounds interesting, let us know how it goes.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's actually been going on for a while... IBM has been taking advantage of the "confusion" of the acquisition to convert Sun customers. Here's an article from as far back as May 4:
    IBM Pays Customers To Ditch Sun Servers (InformationWeek)

The event sounds interesting, let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I knew about all the under the table stuff....this was just the first official thing that I've seen from IBM sent to all of the partners that formally mentioned it...

MS