Ospf

josbro04josbro04 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys.

Im taking the test in about 2 weeks and I just wanted to know what will the test consist of when it comes to ospf?

I know it only tests on a single area. I know network commands.

Will it expect you to summarize wildcard bits?

Will it ask you to do DR/BDR and priority?

Thanks guys

Comments

• irishpunkirishpunk Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

Your best bet is to consult the Cisco website. Giving out exam specifics will violate the NDA. My motto is better safe than sorry I always study up on anything that I think I might see on an exam.

Take care,
    Sean
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    You won't get any specific questions here like Irishpunk said....just study those parts of OSPF if you think you're weak at it and hope for the best!
  • josbro04josbro04 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • mella060mella060 Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeh you have to be good at route summarization for the CCNA.

Know subnetting cold...know wildcard masks cold...

know summary routes cold...
  • tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    As irishpunk stated, check Cisco's website which will give you a blueprint on what topics will be covered but do not rely on this alone. Try to go beyond that and get in depth knowledge of the OSPF protocol because most likely you will want to go beyond the CCNA right?
  • geccogecco Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is well known and published that single area OSPF is what is tested in CCNA. Yes, you must know summarization as this is another CCNA topic.
    Boundary routers are more of a CCNP topic and are not part of scope for the CCNA level material.

Good luck on your test and study hard!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gecco wrote: »
    It is well known and published that single area OSPF is what is tested in CCNA.
    The OLD CCNA only tested on single area OSPF.

The current CCNA study materials include sections on Multi-Area OSPF and is fair game for the CCNA/ICND2 exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The OLD CCNA only tested on single area OSPF.

The current CCNA study materials include sections on Multi-Area OSPF and is fair game for the CCNA/ICND2 exams.

I set up MA-OSPF in packet tracer (along with authentication) in preparation for the CCNA. I think it helped me out quite a bit.