Passed 70-271 today :)

mikerosatimikerosati Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,
After going back and forth for years in trying to decide what to go after, I finally said the heck with it last week, and settled on some MS certs before going after Cisco.. I scheduled my exam last week to take today, in thinking that would force me to hit the books.. It "slightly" happened, but I passed with an 849 and a test time of a little under one hour..

I would have to say that I completely agree with all that the poster said in this thread about the contents: http://www.techexams.net/forums/mcdst/52536-just-passed-70-271-a.html

The test was almost 100% -identical- to the Transcender prep tests for 70-271. They even get the look down.. If you're getting ready to go test for 70-271, grab the Transcender test engine.. It is absolutely worth it.

I used The Sybex book (ISBN: 978-0-7821-4352-2), and the Transcender engine.. In my opinion, the Sybex book is absolute crap, misleading, and completely out of date. The book is from 2004, and doesn't touch any more recent items that might be in your test (connecting XP pro systems to server 2k3 AD, etc..) - After taking the actual test, (and seeing the huge difference in the topics covered in the book, vs the Transcender material) I would very highly recommend staying away from this book.

I wanted to share how much I appreciate the people on these forums that post their thoughts, experience, and advice. It certainly helps those of us getting into certs, or just simply trying to better ourselves for the not-so-great IT market out there at the moment..

Thanks all :)
Mike

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

So it's 70-272 next and then off to CiscoLand, right? Or are you going to squeeze in one of those new fangled Windows 7 exams too?

Oh -- and welcome to the TechExams.net forums!! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikerosatimikerosati Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

So it's 70-272 next and then off to CiscoLand, right? Or are you going to squeeze in one of those new fangled Windows 7 exams too?

Oh -- and welcome to the TechExams.net forums!! icon_cool.gif

Thanks Mike :)

Yep, I'm going to finally get some of my MS certs done, then move over to Cisco.. I've been meaning to get going for years (I'm 31) but well, life happened :P

I hope to find a decent career path where I am now, but don't know that any tech related certs will help here (Near Buffalo, NY, depressed tech area..)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forums and nice job on the exam!
  • ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You need to get out Buffalo bro.. I lived in Buffalo for 8yrs and didn't realized how I had missed until I moved 2yrs ago to Dallas, TX. I did all kinds of crazy jobs in Buffalo, NY during my time there and thought it was alright, but when I decided to finally pick a career in IT, I knew Buffalo wasnt the place to be. Wish you all the best. Cheers. I was able to get my A+ and N+ during my first yr in TX, now working on getting my MCDST and what else is out there
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63