Options

MCSA Windows Server 2003 Certification

ivanfaprivanfapr Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Everybody!

I wondering if there still time to complete the MCSA Windows Server 2003 Certification. I'm currently studying for the MCTS Windows Vista, Configuring (Exam 70-620). I also have the CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certifications that I can use to fulfill the elective requirements.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ivanfapr wrote: »
    Hello Everybody!

I wondering if there still time to complete the MCSA Windows Server 2003 Certification. I'm currently studying for the MCTS Windows Vista, Configuring (Exam 70-620). I also have the CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certifications that I can use to fulfill the elective requirements.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Their is still time. I want to get mine done as well. I also have the A+ and N+ and plan to go through the 290, 291, 680, and 299 (along with the S+) before July or so.
  • Options
    steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When are the exams set to discontinue?
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    steve13ad wrote: »
    When are the exams set to discontinue?

Microsoft Learning: Exam Development and Release ? FAQ

I don't think they are going to expire but I could be wrong.

Now the credential may not expire but the test probably won't be offered for to much longer. I still think it is valuable to me. Hell half of the businesses I know of are still running server 2000/2003 with win XP as the client.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would do the MCSA, since you have most of it done. You could then upgrade to the MCIPT tracks later on, depending on what you need. The skills learned on 2k3 will carry over into 2k8.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I haven't heard about MS retiring the 2003 series yet, so there's still plenty of time. My advice is to complete the full MCSE. Covering AD and the 293 exams really is worth the effort and will hold more value than the MCSA.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    I plan on finishing out the MCSE and then after looking at MS website's, there are these: (IF MCSA/MCSE is already completed of course)

MCTS:AD/NI if you have your MCSA 70-648

MCTS:AD/NI/AI if you have your MCSA and take 70-649

MCITP:SA if you have your MCSE and take 70-649, 70-646

MCITP:EA if you have your MCSE and take 70-649, 70-647, and (70-620 or 70-624)

If this isn't correct, please someone chime in.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!