CISSP Prerequisite

amitsharmaamitsharma Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Seniors,

I have Two years of experience in Security Operation Center . My Profile include analysis and implementation of SIEM .
My Education is BS in computer science.I have done 6 months full time of internship in telecom feild also thus covering two domains . Now question arises as i have done this during my BS do this experience count.

(b) I am refering to 5th edition of Shaon harris and its mentor videos . Please suggest should i go for additional study appart from shaon harris for management like domains. please suggest aditional materialsicon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    amitsharma wrote: »
    ...(b) I am refering to 5th edition of Shaon harris and its mentor videos . Please suggest should i go for additional study appart from shaon harris for management like domains. please suggest aditional materialsicon_rolleyes.gif

I would say also consider using: Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK.

While I haven't received the results of the SSCP exam I took, I believe I would have felt a little bit better if I read the SSCP version of the book properly, instead of skimming it.

-Ken
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Any 4-year undergrad degree will take one-year off the experience requirement for the CISSP cert.

And anytime there is an "official guide" to a cert exam that is produced by the cert exam's vendor, you should use it to study for the exam. 'nuff said.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Any 4-year undergrad degree will take one-year off the experience requirement for the CISSP cert.

And anytime there is an "official guide" to a cert exam that is produced by the cert exam's vendor, you should use it to study for the exam. 'nuff said.

Except what that official guide is the original ISC2 book... unless you are looking for an easy way to fall asleep. :) Luckily, I've heard they have corrected those mistakes in the second edition.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Marcus.LewisMarcus.Lewis Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I took the CISSP exam two years ago, I figured I had over 15 years of experience, covering 7 domains, not counting the degrees and the years not related to system security. I sweated hard, and mainly depended on the Shon Harris book. That many pages is nearly impossible to absorb in less than a year, to be honest. After I plowed through the book, I started practice exams. Maybe 40-50 100-question practice tests, and I passed first time out. Your mileage may vary. The test is not impossible, but it IS comprehensive.
  • Marcus.LewisMarcus.Lewis Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tested CISSP two years ago. My experience level was then over 20 years in 7 domains. I still sweated blood and studied the Shon Harris book. That many pages is nearly impossible to absorb in less than a year, to be honest. After plowing through it, I took probably 50 100-question practice tests. Passed it the first time. The test isn't impossible. It's better done than almost any other cert exam I have taken, but it IS comprehensive.