Failed Exam

Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
I took my exam on Friday.
I thought I was ready for it an I understand 294 very well.
But I was man-handled. I got a 606.
My weak areas where GPOs.
Oh my God, there was a TON of GPO questions.
I had 60 questions which I thought was way too much.
After an hour and a half, I was only half way thru the test.
This test was hands down, very hard.
I understand everything for this test except I need to polish up on the Computer and User portion in GPO editor.

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey,

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like they added more questions, mine had around 40 or so, if I remember right. I spent a lot of time labbing the GPOs.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's definitely not an easy exam and the questions are very convoluted and verbose. If you can pass this one, you could probably handle any other MS cert.
  • mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    I would think that 293 was more difficult, at least for me. This one is not as hard as it seems. I spent 4 weeks with CBTNuggets + Testout+MsPress and passed at first go.

Good luck to you.

Try to lab as much a you can, and you will be fine.

Mikesz
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP
  • asreyesasreyes Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    It's definitely not an easy exam and the questions are very convoluted and verbose. If you can pass this one, you could probably handle any other MS cert.

After I passed this ***** yesterday (at a mere 825), I would say this is a different beast!

One of YuGiOh's Obelisk The Tormentor!

You can't summon anyone, especially in the last part where I need to pee and feel sooo hungry after 3 gruelling hours reading and reading and reading those 60 questionaires and possible answers. My brain is not functioning anymore as my body needs to dispose off its excess urine!

I was really talking to myself loudly on most questions with absurd answers! That's right, I am alone in the testing room where I found that in two questions with no direct answers available. By controlling my bladder really hard, I found one indirect answers in the end. And I'm sure they are correct than having 2 possible answers to choose from. Geez!!!

Of all the test I've taken, this one really bothered me big time!
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    I found this one to be the hardest in my MCSE track. Many questions I got I would not have chosen any of the answers I hasd to choose from. Once you figure out the concept the question is trying to "quiz" you on, the best answer becomes a little clearer.

Good Luck and stick with it.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Sorry to hear about the fail.

Did you have a chance to use Wedge's study notes?
  • Tommy42Tommy42 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What a bummer! Any chance you signed up for that deal that lets you retake the test for free?

Good luck!
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Sorry to hear about your fail. Keep at it, you'll nail it next time. Wedge usually makes some great study notes too, check em out.

Now, I second asreyes's comment on his bladder, I am glad I am not the only one who has a problem with the time these tests take and no latrine breaks!!!!! Usually, by the end of the test, I am about to piss my pants and cursing MS the whole time. I would do a truckers piss, but I am sure I would be asked NOT to come back to the testing center, LOL.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikesz wrote: »
    I would think that 293 was more difficult, at least for me. This one is not as hard as it seems. I spent 4 weeks with CBTNuggets + Testout+MsPress and passed at first go.

Good luck to you.

Try to lab as much a you can, and you will be fine.

Mikesz

I spent 5 months. :D But i also paid my test from my own money and for unemployed this tests are not cheap to retake.. . .
    So i didn't wanna go and try passing it before i was completely sure.

I also knew that thorough knowledge of this topic is not waste of time. I still need to pass designing AD, 70-297.

But i agree you on that 70-293 was even harder.. passed at first try but studied that one also 5 months.
  • jyrki.arpiainenjyrki.arpiainen Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    motogpman wrote: »
    ...Usually, by the end of the test, I am about to piss my pants and cursing MS the whole time. I would do a truckers piss, but I am sure I would be asked NOT to come back to the testing center, LOL.

I know the feeling. :D Last exam i took was 240 min..

"Finish MCITP:EA and CCNA by end of 2011
    After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!"

Hey, we have exactly same plan.. . . icon_thumright.gif
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    asreyes wrote: »
    You can't summon anyone, especially in the last part where I need to pee and feel sooo hungry after 3 gruelling hours reading and reading and reading those 60 questionaires and possible answers. My brain is not functioning anymore as my body needs to dispose off its excess urine!

I was really talking to myself loudly on most questions with absurd answers! That's right, I am alone in the testing room where I found that in two questions with no direct answers available. By controlling my bladder really hard, I found one indirect answers in the end. And I'm sure they are correct than having 2 possible answers to choose from. Geez!!!

I am so glad that this doesn't just happen to me.

The problem is that I take a can of red bull in the exam with me and after the red bull has provided me with a good hour of "In the zone" concentration for the exam, the affects are still as strong as ever, however due to the fact I am now bursting for the toilet the red bull helps me concentrate twice as hard on that aspect rather than the exam!!!!
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    asreyes wrote: »
    After I passed this ***** yesterday (at a mere 825), I would say this is a different beast!

One of YuGiOh's Obelisk The Tormentor!

Of all the test I've taken, this one really bothered me big time!

825 is an awesome score for any exam! You should not sell yourself short because of that score.

To the OP: Sorry about your fail...you should try to look up some CBTNugget videos on the 293 exams, that helped me understand the material 10-fold, the author's walkthroughs are amazing and made it so much clearer, books can only do so much you know

Just keep cracking at it you'll pass!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think this exam is misleading. I expected to score in the high 800s at least and scored like a 760 or something. Only test I was disappointed when I saw the "you passed" screen.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took a college class that used coursework for this test. I got an A in the class, but I still don't believe I would be anywhere near close to passing this test if I took it today.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think this exam is misleading.

I think that's an understatement :)

Both my lowest scores (pass and fail) came from this one.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    fly2dw wrote: »
    I am so glad that this doesn't just happen to me.

The problem is that I take a can of red bull in the exam with me and after the red bull has provided me with a good hour of "In the zone" concentration for the exam, the affects are still as strong as ever, however due to the fact I am now bursting for the toilet the red bull helps me concentrate twice as hard on that aspect rather than the exam!!!!
    The trick I use is to get one of those 4-hour energy shots. Same enhanced concentration with less need of a bathroom break.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually have part of a 5-hour energy shot before an exam. I don't drink the whole thing, because too much caffeine can actually break your concentration.

Neither of these is a substitute for a good nights rest and some good healthy food.
    Decide what to be and go be it.