Junos images for home lab

svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I just picked up 4 new j2300 routers to add to my lab at home, but looks like they all came with 7.1R1.3 on them and I'd like to upgrade to at least 8.x or newer. Just wondering if anyone knows if Juniper is kind enough to provide these people pursuing certs or if they take the cisco approach?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Unless you work for Juniper or a partner company, it is not going to happen. I might suggest you ask the guys who sold you the box to give you an upgrade ... Ideally they should have done it...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • svo4dot6svo4dot6 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Unless you work for Juniper or a partner company, it is not going to happen. I might suggest you ask the guys who sold you the box to give you an upgrade ... Ideally they should have done it...

Thats what I figured...was just kinda hoping since Juniper provides study resources and is pushing their fast-track program maybe they might be a bit friendlier to EOL hardware.

I picked these up as new but EOL so the distributer wont provide me with an upgrade. Oh well was worth a shot.

Thanks for the info.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Yup, JUNOS is proprietary software so unfortunately you won't be able to pick it up unless you have access to it.

But honestly you should be able to do just about anything that you want on a 7.x version of code vs a 8.x version of code. I know that 7.x is quiet old but for certification study it should work quiet well.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender