Passed 220-701 & 220-702

suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
sat for both A+ exams this morning and did well on each (701 = 855, 702 = 857). study material used was just the latest exam cram by David Prowse. i also took a good number of the practice tests within Labsim (Testout).

thanks again to all those who maintain and post to this wonderful site. i am planning on going after the security+ now.

Comments

• levarlevar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! A+ is the only cert. I have atm plan on getting my Net+ next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! Are you going to finish the CCNA or do Sec+ next?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! Are you going to finish the CCNA or do Sec+ next?

i am leaning towards the security+ since the comptia certs are lifetime certificates if attained before the end of 2010. i want to make sure i get it before that cutoff but i certainly want to finish the CCNA before the end of the year too. we will see.
  • NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro!!! Yea the A+ wasnt that bad at all, it just stunk that you had to take two diff exams you went the smart way and just knocked em both out the same day I would have done that but didnt know you could do that! lol. Finishing up my CCNA right now got a test date for May 12!! 3 days before my 24 bday. Its gonna be a hell of a bday present..
    Kyle Hook
    AAS Computer Network Engineer
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shaycorlshaycorl Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man you are doing really good Just get a head on 702 and then i will suggest you to take Network+ and Network> Security. What are your future plans are you going to go with Microsoft of Cisco certifications?
  • NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    shaycorl wrote: »
    and Network+ Security.

?? Did you mean Security+ ?? I dont think there is a such thing as a Network+ Security.
    Kyle Hook
    AAS Computer Network Engineer
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How was Labsim for A+? I used it for Net+ and Sec+ and it was really good.
    I just purchased Labsim for MCTS: 70-640, it's helping to "clear away that fuzzy feeling in my head".
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shaycorl wrote: »
    Congrats man you are doing really good Just get a head to 702 and then i will suggest you to take Network+ and Network+ Security. What are your future plans are you going to go with Microsoft of Cisco certifications.

well i am leaning towards getting at least an MCITP just so i have a MS cert to throw on my resume.
    earweed wrote: »
    How was Labsim for A+? I used it for Net+ and Sec+ and it was really good.
    I just purchased Labsim for MCTS: 70-640, it's helping to "clear away that fuzzy feeling in my head".

i pretty much just used the practice tests on labsim. i did watch a few videos and liked what i saw. i do plan to use it for the security+ when i start preparing for it.