Options

CCNA and Net +

my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
Can i do my revison for n+ based on CCNa...let's say i want to take N+ exam...i study Network essentials books and then CCNA...do u think it is good idea?

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    First thing is go to http://www.comptia.org/certification/Network/objectives.aspx
    and download the exam objectives. As you study, make sure that you cover everything stated in the objectives. You can use anything you want to study for the exam.

I am sure that the Network essentials material is good information, but remember, Network essentials exam was retired by M$ a long time ago and will not contain up-to-date information. However, it will give you a lot of basic information about networking that you can build on through other sources--like CCNA study guides. I don't know that much about CCNA, but from what I've read in these forums, this material should give more than enough to help you pass N+. Just be sure to follow the exam objectives, and anything that you don't get covered by your study materials, you can find on the internet somewhere to complete the study.

It sounds like a long way around to me, but then I have a lot of study sources available to purchase at very reasonable prices, and perhaps you don't.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    Thanks Janmike.. :D It really give me a big relieve..I was scared that i couldn't make it for N+..YOu are right..i dont really have study sources here..prices are high...availability of the study sources are low...
    But with your advice..it really give me hope...thanks!!
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My friend has taken the Network+ exam. He said that the majority of the exam is TCP/IP, OSI Model, and some WAN Technologies. However, you got to remember that by knowing and having your CCNA, you know mostly Cisco type stuff. He said that there was a good deal of stuff on AppleTalk and some old Novell junk too. You might want to get a book just to cover some of the more Non-Cisco areas.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    I remember in CCNA I it was all theory. We covered alot of stuff that was on the Network + exam. Studing Cisco will get you a lot of information for the Network + exam but you should get a Net + book to go over. It is always a good idea to have more than one resource.