Options

Passed today!

Xargon61Xargon61 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
I scored an 815/900. The test was definitely the hardest one I've done so far, as the questions were incredibly obscure. I used Darril's book, CBT Nuggets, Exam Cram Practice Exams (not nearly as good as Transcenders) and posts from here. Thanks again to everyone who contributes useful information to this site; without it, I probably wouldn't have been able to pass. Next up, I'm going for the 70-290 exam.

Comments

• Options
    LordMarshalLordMarshal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I know what you went through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Well done Xargon61, congradulations! icon_cheers.gif
    How would you scale this cert in a Linux cert context, would it help when faced with the HR godzilla? I am about to take the second of two exams to complete LPIC-1 and am looking (among other options) to this cert to accompanny my LPIC-1...
  • Options
    Xargon61Xargon61 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    VarelG,

There wasn't much in the way of Linux on the exam. It's more of a conceptual overview of security as a whole (cryptography, security policy implementation, attacks you might face, equipment to protect your network, logical security, physical security, etc.)
    Definitely a lot of good information that could be beneficial when dealing with HR. It's a good cert to have overall, especially if you're planning on getting into sys admin work. Are you pretty solid with networking concepts? If not, you may want to consider the network+ prior to tackling this beast; there was definitely some stuff that carried over and helped me significantly in passing.
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats mate!!! good score..............
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    LordMarshalLordMarshal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Xargon61 wrote: »
    I scored an 815/900. The test was definitely the hardest one I've done so far, as the questions were incredibly obscure. I used Darril's book, CBT Nuggets, Exam Cram Practice Exams (not nearly as good as Transcenders) and posts from here. Thanks again to everyone who contributes useful information to this site; without it, I probably wouldn't have been able to pass. Next up, I'm going for the 70-290 exam.
    I agree. One of the things that got me was the style of the questions. The instructor told us that there may be a few questions that were poorly worded or structured. It was difficult, but still passable. I think it was a great experience and I look forward to the next course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Xargon61 wrote: »

Congrats for passing!

CompTIA has always been known for asking questions that really try your patience, even though they are commonly considered entry-level certs.

However, the M$ exams are not easily passed either, so good luck on the 70-290!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki