Options

question....

confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
it's either 293 or 294, whichever one is network infrastructure.... it pretty much builds off of this exam, right? if I have no problems with understanding the book, I should be able to take both and pass them? I haven't taken 291 yet, failed 290 with a low 600 after going through that book and a few chapters in 291 without studying much before the exam....

Comments

• Options
    skaeightskaeight Member Posts: 130
    confuzz wrote:
    it's either 293 or 294, whichever one is network infrastructure.... it pretty much builds off of this exam, right? if I have no problems with understanding the book, I should be able to take both and pass them? I haven't taken 291 yet, failed 290 with a low 600 after going through that book and a few chapters in 291 without studying much before the exam....

I just passed 291 a few weeks ago, and I am currently studying for 293. So far it does have some similarities to 291, however just by glancing ahead at my book it appears that this exam will go much more in depth into several topics, including ipsec, and overall server security.

I would strongly advise against attempting to study for two exams at the same time. If your ulitmate goal is MCSE, (and I assume it is, why else would you be asking about 293/294?) go back and pass 290 first. It sounds like you've studyed for it, but just need some more work. Passing 291 / 293 will not make passing 290 any easier, so you might as well keep studying 290 while it's fresh in your mind.

Then tackle 291. Honestly I've found that the numbering MS has used for these exams seems to be the order you should take them. I know many people jump around, but there seems to be a solid progression of knowledge, with each exam building on the last.

So I would try to focus on one exam, and just pretend the others don't exist until you pass 290. I completely understand what you're going through though. When I began my certification path, I had a very hard time focusing one one exam. I couldn't decided exactly what I wanted to do, and because of that it took me much longer to actually get started.