Passed!

Passed today with around 900 (I can't find my little print off icon_sad.gif). There were some tough question on UC5xx and CUE which I didn't have any hands-on experience with but in terms of difficulty this exam was not as hard as either the ICND1 or ICND2 exams. Lots of questions on configuring ephones, ephone-dns, call transfer, call parking etc. I don't have any 'real world' VoIP experience so learning this stuff was really interesting and fun (who ever thought making phones ring was so cool!).

To study I used:
CBT nuggets (props to Jeremy, this guy is the best)
Official exam cert guide (thankyou again Jeremy)
Exam cram (wasn't as useful as the other materials but was good for a light read)
2621XM router with an NM-2V and a VIC-2FXS running CME 4.1
2950G switch
7940G phone
IP Communicator (woulda been nice to have two physical phones)

Gonna take a short breather than start the new SWITCH exam i think.. or maybe the QoS exam

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Nice one fella congrats icon_smile.gif

And I know what you mean about making a phone ring putting a smile on your face icon_smile.gif Reminds me of when I first got two pc's talking to each other that same feeling icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass! Good luck with your future studies!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    luke_bibby wrote: »
    Passed today with around 900
    Congratulations.
    I don't have any 'real world' VoIP experience so learning this stuff was really interesting and fun (who ever thought making phones ring was so cool!).
    Yeah, CCNA Voice is really enjoyable.
    Jeremys Book is very good, well written and tels you what you need to know. It's sister book for CCNA Security on the other handicon_rolleyes.gif
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • saravanaboobathysaravanaboobathy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratz buddy........
  • pakidevilpakidevil Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Great job!!!
    -Daniel
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    congrats mate that really a great score... you say..."There were some tough question on UC5xx and CUE which I didn't have any hands-on experience with but in terms of difficulty this exam was not as hard as either the ICND1 or ICND2 exams"
    But tell me this how about if you compare it to CCNA Security? how many sims did you have and how many Qs.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Passed today with around 900 (I can't find my little print off icon_sad.gif). There were some tough question on UC5xx and CUE which I didn't have any hands-on experience with but in terms of difficulty this exam was not as hard as either the ICND1 or ICND2 exams. Lots of questions on configuring ephones, ephone-dns, call transfer, call parking etc. I don't have any 'real world' VoIP experience so learning this stuff was really interesting and fun (who ever thought making phones ring was so cool!).

To study I used:
    Exam cram (wasn't as useful as the other materials but was good for a light read)
    2621XM router with an NM-2V and a VIC-2FXS running CME 4.1
    2950G switch
    7940G phone
    IP Communicator (woulda been nice to have two physical phones)

Gonna take a short breather than start the new SWITCH exam i think.. or maybe the QoS exam

Congrats, and thanks for listing your resources.

It seems like the voice is kind of a fun topic from what others around here have been saying. Would you say that's the case?

Now I feel like getting one too!!