Which books to get?

sundaysuitsundaysuit Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm leaning towards Mike Meyers All-In-One Seventh Edition or Sybex's Complete A+ Study Guide or whatever it's called.

Or should I get both?

Any recommendations besides these two?

Also, my goal is to pass the A+ exam before this year's over.
Assuming that I study two or three hours everyday, how much time is enough preparation? 2 months? 3 months?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and opinions.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sundaysuit wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards Mike Meyers All-In-One Seventh Edition or Sybex's Complete A+ Study Guide or whatever it's called.

Or should I get both?

Assuming that I study two or three hours everyday, how much time is enough preparation? 2 months? 3 months?

I recommend BOTH and I continue purchase their newer versions as they publish them.

As far as how much time you'll need? Depends on your experience. Review the objectives and get as much hands-on you can get.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sundaysuit wrote: »

Or should I get both?

I didn't use Sybex's book, but I did use Meyers. It was a very useful book, and people on the form like Sybex as well.

Preparation times change per person. I technically prepared for a year(Experience). I practically prepared for a month(Test Prep). The more experience you have, the less you will need to be learning what is in the books. Which means that your actual grind to taking the test will be easier.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • ALfromSTLALfromSTL Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I myself used the Sybex book along with the Exam Cram for this cert. People ask all the time what books to get. Why not have a poll?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ALfromSTL wrote: »
    I myself used the Sybex book along with the Exam Cram for this cert. People ask all the time what books to get. Why not have a poll?
    I just put up a poll. It's not that hard to do.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.