Getting ready For 70-290

MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am preparing for the exams which i will take last week of this month. I have been studying with the MS Press book. I read thru this forum and some ppl say i need other books to make it which i dont have. Anyway just want you guys to know plus u will be seeing more of me here n my burdens lol.

Am in the Chapter 9 of 290 so far i am finding it hard to understand Terminal Servers.
P/S am also writing Vista 70-620 within d same period.

Comments

• MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I intend to finish the book today or so and focus on the practise for it and also for the Vista. I hope i will be alright with writin them the same time.
  • khangkhang Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to send the following document to you: 2275b_Terminal_Services.doc

However I could not attach it to this reply. Do you know how to attach an attachment to the reply?
    i think u shd use d reply not quick reply.
    I have just finished Chapter 10 goin to 11 now. Am just reading thru after am donw with the book i will then start the practise usin a VM
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Micernest wrote: »
    i think u shd use d reply not quick reply.

This is a forum, not a chat room. Please, take the time to write out your sentences completely. Thank you.
  • levarlevar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how long have you been "getting ready"? I will taking the test soon aswell but I haven't had any hands on with Server 2003 yet thats actually in a real situation but I've been reading and using PrepLogic's help, is handson something I would need to get some help with? Have you used server 2003, in a real life situation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have been prepping for this exams and Vista for 3weeks now. Since am really used to vista i was fast with it. No i havent used server 03 in real life, Not exactly. But i have creat two servers on my Virtual Machine and intend to start the practise once i cover the theory aspect. When do you intend to write?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've heard most people do really well with just practicing on a VM. It is important, at least for most people,to get the hands on practice. Just reading the book probably wont be enough. Even if you just use virtual box with a couple guests set up it should be enough.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Two more chapters and i will be done. Then i will start practising.
    Khang u didnt attach the note on terminal servers.
    Guys what is the most difficult topic in the exams?
  • jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck with your exam at the end of the month. as per your question on hardest subject it will probably be whatever subject you haven't practiced with the most. I think it's different for everyone though. If i remember right mine was terminal services but that was because i never used it haha.
    Mehn if go through this forum you will be scared...so many ideas and reviews. I guess i will gain more confidence after i write my first exams which will be Vista. I dont even know how simulation works. If you click multiple wrong thing does it after you? Or it only does if you submit it??
  • qnetqnet Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's best to have a lab set up, either with virtual software or actual computers, it will help you understand some things better and help you with the sims.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Micernest wrote: »
    Mehn if go through this forum you will be scared...so many ideas and reviews. I guess i will gain more confidence after i write my first exams which will be Vista. I dont even know how simulation works. If you click multiple wrong thing does it after you? Or it only does if you submit it??
    If you get to the right result and submit it, it's right.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Yes i made it today. scored 900. Time to face the beast. Will prep for it alone for one month. Any suggestions?
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!!! icon_cheers.gif

Celebrate your accomplishment!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker