Options

Flashcards for Sec+

AndrewA1981AndrewA1981 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey

So I've been studying for the Security+ for about 2 months, I've read Exam Cram and Security+ by Darril Gibson as well as all of the Security+ exam objectives posted here on TE

I do well on the practice exams(usually 80-90% on measureup) except for a lot of the encryption acronyms, I miss questions on AES, MD5, PAP, etc. I'm curious how other people managed to remember these? I've been trying to make flash cards to help but so far it doesn't seem to be helping, I might be putting too much information on the cards to retain

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    Separate them by Subject. Start simple and progress

HASH:
    What is a Hash?
    MD5? Length, Pros/Cons
    SHA?

Encryption:
    Symmetrical:
    DES?
    3DES?
    AES?
    Asymmetrical:
    ECC?
    PGP?
    RSA?

Then once you have an hierarchical view of things you can put them down on flash cards and mix them up. Flash cards are really the last piece for me. Just start absorbing the concepts and understanding their roles and differences. Then start memorizing.
  • Options
    AndrewA1981AndrewA1981 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice, I passed the security+ today with an 800/900, not the best score but there were a few questions on the test that I had just never seen in any of my studies

really happy about the pass though!

next up for me is going to be CCENT, I'll have my work cut out for me
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NetEngineer86NetEngineer86 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, im studying for mine as i type this. Doing the good ol Mike Meyers Passport, good luck on the CCENT. It is for sure going to be harder but if you passed the Net+ you already got a good leap forward. Its almost just like a glorified version of the Net+.
    Kyle Hook
    AAS Computer Network Engineer
    www.hookscr.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! congrats mate.