SCCM 2007 - Exam # 70-401

Has anyone taken the 401 exam? (TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-401.mspx )

I'm currently in the 6451A Classroom training ( http://www.microsoft.com/learning/syllabi/en-us/6451afinal.mspx ) and was wondering how much help the training class is to cover the necessary exam topics?

Also, any recommendations for books for studying and/or reference? It doesn't look like there is a MS Press training kit for the exam...

Thanks!

Comments

• grunjhedgrunjhed Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JdotQ wrote: »
    Has anyone taken the 401 exam? (TS: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-401.mspx )

I'm currently in the 6451A Classroom training ( Planning, Deploying and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 ) and was wondering how much help the training class is to cover the necessary exam topics?

Also, any recommendations for books for studying and/or reference? It doesn't look like there is a MS Press training kit for the exam...

Thanks!

The 70-401 is a straight forward exam. I used the 6451 book you get and did lots of lab. But put it this way, its hard if you don't know the product inside out but not too hard if you know your stuff. The classroom covers the basic. You must go out and discover all of the product in labs and real world. Good luck if you haven't written it already!
  • GeeLoGeeLo Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    grunjhed wrote: »
    The 70-401 is a straight forward exam. I used the 6451 book you get and did lots of lab. But put it this way, its hard if you don't know the product inside out but not too hard if you know your stuff. The classroom covers the basic. You must go out and discover all of the product in labs and real world. Good luck if you haven't written it already!

Thanks for posting that, I was wondering about this test as well.
    Good Luck JdotQ
    Vendor Neutral Certified in IT Project Management, Security, Servers, Workstations, Software, Networking, Windows, Unix and Linux and.. Cloud. :-)
  • grunjhedgrunjhed Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Its a pleasure, let us know if you passed :)
  • hamd01hamd01 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've just finished my 70-291, passed it today with 892. So, I've decided to book the 70-401 for 3 weeks time.

I know the product well as I use it everyday, so I'm just hoping 3 weeks is long enough to get revised up.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hamd01 wrote: »
    I've just finished my 70-291, passed it today with 892. So, I've decided to book the 70-401 for 3 weeks time.

I know the product well as I use it everyday, so I'm just hoping 3 weeks is long enough to get revised up.
    Can you recommend any study material for learning it? I want to learn SCCM and take the exam in the near future.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Use SCCM on a limited, but daily basis in the office and taking the 6451 course next week and the 70-401 exam next month....we'll see how it goes