Yay!!! MCDST!

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
Cool. icon_cool.gif I passed 271 today, giving me MCDST. I thought the exam was typical for M$ exams. Some questions gave too much info, I had to pick out what was pertinent to the problem and solution. Quite a few questions related to sharing and security, and performance issues. There were two questions, which I thought were screwy, mainly because they gave more than one correct answer, but only asked for one. Either way, I passed. Now it's time to crack a few open and celebrate! drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gificon_cheers.gif
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Congrats, you finally did it! :D
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Congrats!

Quick - Now finish your MCSA! .... icon_lol.gif

If ya don't mind, what was your score?

I'm thinking about taking this exam later this month. Is it really as easy as everyone says? I've got a few years exp. with WinXP.
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • mswiechmswiech Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Cool. icon_cool.gif I passed 271 today, giving me MCDST. I thought the exam was typical for M$ exams. Some questions gave too much info, I had to pick out what was pertinent to the problem and solution. Quite a few questions related to sharing and security, and performance issues. There were two questions, which I thought were screwy, mainly because they gave more than one correct answer, but only asked for one. Either way, I passed. Now it's time to crack a few open and celebrate! drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gificon_cheers.gif

Congrats M8, did you find that it was very similiar to the 270 exam??? Congrats on the pass, it kinda sucks that we didn't make into the Charter Club Membership of 5000, well I guess that we will have to wait for the next new exam to come out.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Oooohhh...my head..aching after a few too many for passing......

Thanks all. Msweich, I have yet to take 270. Although I may soon, but I've been working on 215 and 218 first. As of 2-14-05, there were 4051 charter members, so maybe, just maybe..... I talked to someone who did pass a while ago, he said he didn't know until he got his certificate and everything else...he also said it really means nothing, which I already knew, but it would have cool I guess.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats on passing. I sit the 271 on Monday. I hope we can make charter member status. Because that my friend will also be going on the resume. :)
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • lvnvrgnialvnvrgnia Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the MCDST. I just took the 270 and passed so I am now studying to take the 271 in 2 weeks and then 272 within the month after that. I got a 954 on the 270 so I am hoping all that knowledge will pay off on 271.
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    congrat!
    Knowledge is life
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations on your pass. icon_thumright.gif
    I just saw this thread today hence my late congrats.
    Good luck.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Ricka on becoming MCDST! I didn't know if I was in the charter club until I got my certificate either, but it's still pretty cool even though I have no idea what special class or perks you get for being in the charter club.

Oh well ... Congratulations on finally doing it!!! icon_cool.gif