CCDA and CCDP?

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
What are the differences?

Is the CCDA really harder than the CCNA? What does it cover? More importantly, is it wanted in the industry?
Thanks

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I wouldnt say the CCDA is harder than CCNA, its more theoretical than CCNA. Network design will always be wanted in industry! some jobs ask for CCNP and CCDP especially new projects etc. I think it worth doing as CCDA and an extra exam makes a CCNP also a CCDP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/current_exams/640-861.html
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Fu LoserFu Loser Member Posts: 123
    CCDA is great because it encorperates real business scenarios into it's exam.

This is what also makes it harder because as everyone knows in computer networking theirs a thousand ways to go from point A to point C, and point B isn't always the next logical step.
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    To me...the DA was harder than the NA....and the last test for the DP was probably the hardest Cisco test that I have taken...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    To me...the DA was harder than the NA....and the last test for the DP was probably the hardest Cisco test that I have taken...

Nice cert list Ten9t6. What color is your ferrari? icon_wink.gif

Do you mind if I ask your age? You and tunerx have a lot of discipline man, good quality to have.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    dissolved wrote:
    Ten9t6 wrote:

Nice cert list Ten9t6. What color is your ferrari? icon_wink.gif

Do you mind if I ask your age? You and tunerx have a lot of discipline man, good quality to have.

haha..thanks....No ferrari...But I do have a pretty fast Vette. icon_wink.gif

http://geocities.com/phreefaln/ten9t6

I just turned 31..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't think the DA and DP are hard, they are just different than all of the other Cisco tests. The DA and DP cover pretty much the same things but the DP goes deeper into the topics.

The design series is geared towards designing a cisco network by using cisco technologies, cisco design methodologies, cisco "best practices", and industry recommended "best practices".

It is one thing to configure routers and switches, it is another to know what technologies and hardware can be leveraged against a small business or large enterprise to help it stay successful.
  • alvaro_perezalvaro_perez Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    so, ARCH=CCDA more hard no??