Linux+ Training Lab

GrumpyBumGrumpyBum Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Over the past few years I have had more and more of a need for Linux so I am looking to take the Linux+ exam.

I am wanting to know what the best Linux Operating System is for learning and training towards this exam? If there are multiple I should learn then it will be good to know what these are.

Hope you can help, many thanks.

Comments

• LinuxG33kLinuxG33k Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Most distros are based off of Debian or Redhat. You will be best off studying CentOS ("redhat clone") and Ubuntu Server edition (a gentler Debian).

For getting acquainted with the OS as a desktop try Ubuntu and SUSE/Fedora. Great choices for learning your way around, they provide GUI tools for common administrative tasks that can ease the transition to cmdline. Converts love YAST - as well they should.
  • GrumpyBumGrumpyBum Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your response, it will help a lot.
    I am looking forward to learning more about these systems.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe you know about the change for Linux+ and LPI, I was reading the LPIC-1 book and said that Linux lab could be CenOS and Ubuntu.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    impelse wrote: »
    Maybe you know about the change for Linux+ and LPI, I was reading the LPIC-1 book and said that Linux lab could be CenOS and Ubuntu.

Yeah, I read that as well. What confuses me though, is I *thought* Ubuntu directories were very different form the other distros. Seems like an odd flavor to use for learning if this is the case.

I don't know enough about it to say if it's true or not.