Options

Microsoft Outlook Questions

moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Fellas

I am back right now at work. I have issue here related to exchange 2007 one of the user has mails in the inbox going upto 2007 but in the sent items only upto 2010 which is quite recent why is this a case I wonder any tips on how to resolve this issue ? I have checked to make sure filter is off

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Your post is a bit difficult to read. Could you possibly edit the above to amend the punctuation/grammar and also to clarify the issue. Thanks.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That person might have had the sent items autoarchived into a PST file (I think the default is 30 days)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks mikedisd2 you’re awesome

blargoe I closed the call as the user went way past expiry date for any recovery, we all here presume she deleted the sent mails by accident or done by someone

Cheers
  • Options
    sterlingbluesterlingblue Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could also be an indexing problem

I would clean views (outlook.exe /cleanviews) as a custom view might be hiding content and force a re-index to see if maybe Outlook is having issues reading the mailbox content ( presuming you are running in cached mode)