70-643

I hope im not bugging anyone like people claim. I'm just a 25 year old trying to climb my ways to more respectful positions.

Anyway, I was wondering on a scale from 1-10 (10=Impossible)

1. How tough is exam 70-643 on a scale from 1-10

2. How long of a learning curve in months would it take for one to pass the exam ?

Again, I would really appreciate your two cents.

Thank you

Comments

• pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I havent done the 70-643 but from reading everyone elses posts, its seems harder then the 640 and 642. I'm doing the 642 at the moment and theres a bit to it.

On the learning side, it all depends on if you use the exam requirements at work or starting from scratch and of course your own self-learning style. Most seem to take 6-8 weeks, some take more some take less with kids,work and more work to deal with.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Your results may vary. Take a gander at the material and come up with an estimate personalized for yourself. We don't know your knowledge, experience, and overall intelligence.

PS: You don't bug people. Well, at least not me.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're not bugging anyone. As you're studying for your certs you will have genuine questions that you'll need to ask. This is a great place to go for them as there are some very intelligent, highly qualified people who frequent this forum who enjoy answering questions about the technologies and certifications.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anyway, I was wondering on a scale from 1-10 (10=Impossible)

1. How tough is exam 70-643 on a scale from 1-10

2. How long of a learning curve in months would it take for one to pass the exam ?

Again, I would really appreciate your two cents.

Thank you
    1) I've heard from several people it is a very hard exam, but they passed it so it's not impossible. I'm currently studying for the 70-640 and 70-642, Taking both within the next 2 months. I've been glancing through the 70-643 MS Press book and it is going to be a steep learning curve for me.
    2) Depends on amount of time you can put into studying the material, If you have wife/kids and/or work it will just logically take longer. Myself, I have both and plan on being ready with 2 months of study/lab time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i took the 643 exam last month twice. The first time i failed by about 1 question after i spent a month studying for it. Well i had the 2nd shot retake so i used that and scheduled it again for my college spring break and i smashed it with a 900+ score. It's not easy in any respect but i would say you should know IIS as my test was heavy on those questions. i had a few on sharepoint but not to many. Everyone who takes it may have different sets of questions thats just how mine came out. i think if you spend the time to study for it you won't find it to much of an issue.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Its the hardest of the 10 or so MS tests i've taken.

I would start with a different MS test so you get a feel for how the tests are laid out. I think starting with 643 you may get burned.
  • -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    I agree with others that it is harder than other MS tests I've taken (620,640,642). I passed my first try, but just barely with a 769.

Just take your time to make sure you understand all the concepts and labs in the book.
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Start with 83-640 as it provides excellent foundations to the 2008 course.

I passed 70-643 2 weeks ago. It was difficult but not impossible. I studied for 2 months on VMs...etc to pass that one. There are no virtual labs in that exam however if you study with virtural environments it does make it easier when studying.

Know how to do the processes, not only just how to answer questions. If you can do the stuff physically, the questions become easier.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    I just passed this test last friday.Honestly for me I don't think it was the hardest I've taken so far but it wasn't easy either.The test was just like the objectives state on microsoft's technet 30% IIS, 30% Terminal services, and a some questions on Hyper V, WDS and sharepoint.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    texasit wrote: »
    I just passed this test last friday.Honestly for me I don't think it was the hardest I've taken so far but it wasn't easy either.The test was just like the objectives state on microsoft's technet 30% IIS, 30% Terminal services, and a some questions on Hyper V, WDS and sharepoint.

Yes, the proportions are as stated on the MS site. It was more difficult for me because the questions on a couple of topics went extremely deep. At least a few of the questions I saw I know for a fact were not mentioned in either the MS press book or Trainsignal videos (the latter of which is total poo for the 643, btw)

The questions I had on Hyper-V were terribly worded, almost unreadable. And that is coming from someone who scored in the mid 900's on the Hyper-V 70-652 exam.
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    yeah I got lucky I didn't get that many hyper V questions but the ones I got were pretty straightforward.I used the CBT nugget videos which were pretty good.