Ciscopress IPS Exam Certification Guide

hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just got the Ciscopress IPS Exam Certification Guide (from 2006, by Earl Carter) cheap from an internet auction site, and I see that it is for the 642-532 exam.
I just took the SNRS-exam, so I have som insight into IOS IPS. I had an old Ciscopress book for the SNRS too, so I had to read up on how to configure 5.x signatures from other sources.

Will the Ciscopress book I got for IPS also cover old technolgy, or are IPS sensors not so affected by the version 4/version 5 signature changes?

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From people who I have talked to and have taken and passed the IPS exam, the book is still very good. You could couple that with some CBTs and cisco.com and you should be all set.

On another note, I know a few people with the CCSP but not a lot of people use the Cisco IPS, I wonder if that means that it is not commonly used icon_scratch.gif
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The transition from 5 to 6.x was minor imho. A few extra features and gui rework but you can get 95% of it easily from the older material, then just read the Cisco docs to update.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?