Any suggestions for A+ exam tomorrow?

BladesBlades Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
You guys have any suggestions or last minute ideas that will help me pass my a+ exam tomorrow? :D
Horse walks into a bar...
Bartender asks... "Hey, why the long face??"
:8

Comments

• PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    If you've studied hard and feel you are truly ready for the test, then relax tonight. Get a good night's rest and have a good breakfast in the morning. Go into the test center confident, rested and ready. Take the time before you begin the test to make some notes on those blank sheets they'll give you. Make the charts you need to make. Every little bit will help and will reinforce what you already know. Believe me, under the pressure of a test you can find yourself questioning the very basic of information. So take the pressure off and make some notes before the clock starts.

Best of luck to you.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    try to stay as calm as possible.

i made the mistake of trying to do some last-minute studying the night before my core, and ended up forgetting my irq, dma, i/o tables. the night before my o/s, i was able to draw the line easier.

i did take a few of my fave practise tests. ones that i knew i would pass with scores of 90%+. just to settle my nerves a bit.

i felt i did not have the need to jot down stuff just before i did my test, but i did like to have pencil and paper close at hand.
    A+ Moderator
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thx guys, I passed! Was a good test, a little harder than I expected even. Example, I didn’t know what the dip switch settings and jumpers were for on older nics that don't use a plug and play OS. I mean what the hell kind of question is that!? If it was a written test I woulda wrote... "Who the hell cares? Been working in this field for 2 years, never seen one!!"

As it was, I picked to manually configure memory addresses and IRQ’s … made sense to me anyway, because the other options were crap.

Wish me luck on the OS part; I heard that’s a bit harder. I will be taking it next week.

icon_cool.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats on passing the exam!
    As it was, I picked to manually configure memory addresses and IRQ’s
    You picked the right one ;)
    good luck on the o/s. you might find that it isn't as hard as you were lead to believe.

yes, it does seem odd to have to learn about manually configuring legacy devices for the core exam, but also remember that having to learn irqs and dmas is also to do with legacy devices. irq steering can handle, to a certain degree, plug and play devices sharing same resources.
    A+ Moderator
  • dannysovdannysov Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my A+ core h/ware next week, Im thinking about moving it forward I never know when Im ready! cause when ever I think Ive reviced everything I search for another online practice test that I havnt come accross, and get questions wrong, I keep thinking you never know whats gonna come up and so I never know when im ready, shouldnt I be passing every online test on the web if I want to pass the actuall exam? I already failed the actuall exam once a few weeks ago!! what should I do, I dont know how to revice, any ideas??
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys! I passed it and am now A+ certified! Yahoo! icon_cool.gif

My advice would be to get a good book to study and have all the practice test questions down pat. Any good book will have around 150 or so questions, just to make sure it covers everything.

I am glad I got a book, even with my experiance, going in cold would have been a mistake.

Good luck to you and make sure you let us know how ya do!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats Blade!

And be sure to update your profile here icon_wink.gif

Any other exams planned for the near future?
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ya Net + is next on my list. Any good study suggestions? icon_cool.gif
    welcome to the club. i am using mike meyers to study for network+.
    A+ Moderator
  • pmiwebpmiweb Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Post edited by webmaster:

Moose, please do NOT post any links to or urls of braindump sites, this is against the rules of the board.
    Also, these are not good practice at all, simply cheating.