Passed A+ and Security+

bmtuserbmtuser Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the A+ and Security+ on Friday and passed! I got a 835 on the 701 and a 865 on the 702. Security+ I got a 825. I studied for about a month using Preplogic Megaguides and practice tests. The practice tests were much harder than the real exams. Now I'm going to start on my MSCE. Thanks for all the great advice in the forums! Without it, I doubt I would have passed.
Started WGU 07-01-2011
Finished BS IT Network Administrator on 03/10/2012

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new certs!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! You took all 3 on the same day?
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bmtuser wrote: »
    Took the A+ and Security+ on Friday and passed! I got a 835 on the 701 and a 865 on the 702. Security+ I got a 825. I studied for about a month using Preplogic Megaguides and practice tests. The practice tests were much harder than the real exams. Now I'm going to start on my MSCE. Thanks for all the great advice in the forums! Without it, I doubt I would have passed.

congrats !!! way to go.
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • bmtuserbmtuser Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kenny831 wrote: »
    Congrats! You took all 3 on the same day?

Yes, I took the first test at 9AM. I was done with all 3 by 10:30AM. So it took about 30 mins per exam. I thought I was setting myself up for failure but to me the exams were quite easy, especially after using the practice exams and reading through this site.

*EDIT* The reason I took all three tests the same day is because the closest testing center is 2 hours away and I didn't want to drive three different times back and forth.
    Started WGU 07-01-2011
    Finished BS IT Network Administrator on 03/10/2012
  • EthicalEthical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bmtuser wrote: »
    *EDIT* The reason I took all three tests the same day is because the closest testing center is 2 hours away and I didn't want to drive three different times back and forth.

Congrats on the new certs! icon_cheers.gif I understand where you're coming from. Our closest testing center is a couple hours away. I always try and at least go for 2 while I'm there.