Newbie needs help here!

smellyguy_philipsmellyguy_philip Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to certs.
I am still in my studies now and I am planning to take A+ and Net+ before December.

I just took a networking course in university that is very concept based. I was wondering if I should go ahead and take Net first.

I heard the new Net+ would be hard, so I really hope I could study real fast everyday and take the old version in time.

I am very confident with networking concepts, OSI, topologies, TCP/IP, etc. As I learned them pretty well in my networking course.

I am planning to take it within a month of intense studying, as I have no school and no work right now.

I currently have ExamCram2, Mike Myers Passport, CompTIA Network self-study guide, the study guide from this site :), the one from MCMCSE, and a bunch of other ones. I do not really have one of those big books, as I believe I should be ok with the underlying concepts as I took a 4 month networking course. Do you think it's ok?

Anyways, is it possible to take Net+ after a month? I really hope I could take the older objective exam.

Thanks for all the advise :)

Philip

Comments

• DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you take a few practice exams online? If you think you're ready, go to www.vnpublishing.com and download their software ( it's quite cheap and is very much like an actual CompTIA exam ) and try yourself...

Better to spend $20 on testing software and see if you're ready than to spend the $, write the exam and possibly not pass....

DW
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    If you have the books, the study guides, and good practice questions from the internet and feel confident with your knowledge, go ahead and take it. I took it in November and if you know your OSI model, ports, and troubleshooting, you'll be golden. Just don't study too hard...don't fry your brain. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • smellyguy_philipsmellyguy_philip Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

THanks for the nice advice!
    That practise exam is pretty cool :)

And yes, I already decided I'll take Net+.
    I will study hard and I hope I'll pass it!

Philip
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    hi,,,welcome to the forum...i guess you pretty much prepare yourself...all the best