Options

Failed My 70-680 - 615 Score

Fellow Techies,

I took the 70-680 exam today and got a 615 score. How bad/fair/good is this ?

I did well in every section except the "Installing, Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7".

If I go back there will I get the same questions ?

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Some of them will be the same. Many of them will not.

How are you currently studying for the exam? Are you using any test prep like MeasureUp or SelfTest Software?
  • Options
    teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
    No I haven't. What test preps should I use ? also, if I got a 615 this time. Does that mean I can build upon this ?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Fellow Techies,

I took the 70-680 exam today and got a 615 score. How bad/fair/good is this ?

I did well in every section except the "Installing, Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7".

If I go back there will I get the same questions ?
    1) It's not far from passing
    2) You learned where your weak area lies. Study that material.
    3) You may have none, some, or all of the same questions. It's up to Microsoft.

Like Robert said above you should probably be utilizing some type of practice test prior to attempting the exam. Measureup and selftestsoftware are supposed to be pretty good indicators on how you'll do on the test.
    Google selftestsoftware or measure up to find out about these test preps.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
    what are some good books beside sybex ?
  • Options
    The MS Press book, although I've heard good and bad things about it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    MrGrangerMrGranger Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    1) Measureup and selftestsoftware are supposed to be pretty good indicators on how you'll do on the test.
    Google selftestsoftware or measure up to find out about these test preps.

I haven't seen any 70-680 test prep at Measureup. Did I miss that?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    MrGranger wrote: »
    I haven't seen any 70-680 test prep at Measureup. Did I miss that?
    Thanks.
    I haven't used it myself but have heard it was good.

http://www.measureup.com/catalog/exam.aspx?vid=5&cid=All%20MS%20Practice%20Tests&tid=94

Couldn't get the page with just the 70-680 on it to paste right in here. Scroll down to 70-680 and it's there.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My suggested study methond has always been as follows:
    1. Study the MS press book. (When there is one)
    2. Begin taking fast practice tests using MeasureUp (provided witht he MS press book). When I say fast I mean don't think abou the answer and if you do not know the answer, leave it blank. Print your wrong questions and study the associated objectives. Take an exam like this a few times a week and study and lab the scenarios until you understand them backwars and forwards.
    3. Once you begin scoring in the mid 900s buy a practice exam like SelfTest or Transcender and begin taking slow tests. Just as if it were the real exam. Use your wrong answers to focus on the objectives you still have issues with. Continue to use the questions as scenarios for lab work.
    Once you start getting scores in the 900s on this, take the test.

Use everything you can when you are going back over the objectives: Technet, etc.

The point of this method is to make sure you are learning the objectives and to give you more scenarios to lab than just what you get from the book in step 1.