9 yr old MCSE

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I found this this morning.

9-year-old plots his fifth Microsoft certification

I applaud this kid, but serioulsy there should be a age limit to attempt certain exams, now employers that read this might think, that cert's so easy a 9 year old can get it. I realize this isn't an average kid, but I don't think the average hiring manger will see it that way, and personally I put in 2.5 years and almost 8k getting my cert.
(counting one live week long class)

your thoughts?

Comments

• varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Hm, one more proof that if a human being commit totaly and with emotion to a single task success becomes inevitable, obviously despite the tender age.
    I would also question adults around this kid for their motivation in obviously pushing that goal onto a 9- year old.
    Watch in 5-6 years how motivated will this kid be in continuing on the certification path, probably watching in retrospective and saying "oh what was I thinking?"...
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    MCSE - so easy even a cave man can do it!

Seriously though, what is the point of having an MCSE at nine? More power to the kid if that is what he's into, but I'm assuming someone is pushing him along this path with ulterior motives. The parents probably want to get rich off the kid or something.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When I first saw the title I thoght it referred to having gotten an MCSE 9 years ago. That kid must not have much of a real childhood, should be out playing in the yard/park. If the kid did it on his own and not because of his parents or anything I applaud his efforts.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    When I first saw the title I thoght it referred to having gotten an MCSE 9 years ago. That kid must not have much of a real childhood, should be out playing in the yard/park. If the kid did it on his own and not because of his parents or anything I applaud his efforts.

Yea, sorry about the title, I realized that after I posted that it would proably be read that way.
  • dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□

+1
    I think a nine year old kid should be playing with other kids and doing what nine year olds normally do.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Calasan plans to get his fifth IT certification as a Microsoft Certified Trainer.

wtf? Who the hell is he going to train?
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    phoeneous wrote: »

Other 9 year olds. They will start a new toddler microsoft course. One day they will rule the world.... Or forget everything they learned in 3 years once they figure out what baseball or soccer is.
    phoeneous wrote: »

Yea, imagine a 11 year old kid trying to teach a 3,000$ per week class somewhere to a bunch of middle aged men and women.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i came in here to say pretty the same exact thing. i thought it was someone who got the cert 9 years ago. and yeah, i doubt he's had a real childhood. when i was 9, i was busy watchin transformers, gi joe, voltron, ghostbusters, thundercats, he-man, silverhawks, etc, and bein outside playin punchball, kickball, basketball & stickball.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    His MCSE will probably be retired before he can legally work, should have gone with the MCITP:EA.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    rsutton wrote: »
    His MCSE will probably be retired before he can legally work, should have gone with the MCITP:EA.

Maybe he'll get that after Microsoft Certified Trainer. Maybe this kid thinks that having certifications is like collecting baseball cards.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If the kid is a Microsoft Certified Architect by the time they're 18, then I'll be impressed.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
    I find this sad.
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Come on guys, can't you see it's a joke? You've been had. No child at 9 years old can use big words/construct sentences with proper grammar and know the meaning behind things like: innovations; but now I am a classic friend;Now I am making HD lessons over IPTV and I am really glad about the success which I made in the past months and years.

No child at 9 years old knows enough that they know themselves let alone the material contained within heavyweight textbooks.

Congrats at proving to be gullable.
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Stuppored wrote: »
    Come on guys, can't you see it's a joke? You've been had. No child at 9 years old can use big words/construct sentences with proper grammar and know the meaning behind things like: innovations; but now I am a classic friend;Now I am making HD lessons over IPTV and I am really glad about the success which I made in the past months and years.

No child at 9 years old knows enough that they know themselves let alone the material contained within heavyweight textbooks.

Maybe he learned the material or maybe he just memorized the answers. Children can remember things as good if not better than adults. It's often a matter of focus and attention span more than anything else.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can't decide who has the bigger problem -- Marco for letting "his" mother leave his hair long like a girl and wear earrings and a necklace in the various pictures.... or the "journalists" who seem to be repeating the same story about "him" without checking facts.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im with you Mike, that dude looks too much like chick.

If he is a she well thats even better, need more women in IT.
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found it sad. This kid should be outside playing and not studying for test.
    Also, my thought is where did he get money for the tests. Is a parent also doing the tests and the kid wanted to try too?
    I did find it humorous that he has a MCSE. Is a MCSE even going to be around in 10 years? Isn't possible it will be called something else?
    I'm really meaning that is a lot of money wasted since the cert will have to be continually renewed, etc...

I just am sad for him.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□

Was the irony in this post intended, or accidental? Whichever it was, it was funny....

MS
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790

Oh? What about an 11-year old college graduate? Started his studies at age 8? Moshe couldn't use big words and constructs to complete his college degree?
    YouTube - 11-Year-Old College Grad

I wonder who's gullable...
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    varelg wrote: »
    Oh? What about an 11-year old college graduate? Started his studies at age 8? Moshe couldn't use big words and constructs to complete his college degree?
    YouTube - 11-Year-Old College Grad

I wonder who's gullable...

I cannot believe you buy that. He was repeating a few things over and over like a broken record. Maybe he was nervous, but I still don't buy it that he's learning everything from school alone. Someone most likely tutored him along the ropes of calculus. I cannot imagine a kid being proficient in all those areas without some serious parental involvement. Most adults I know work way too much to take that much time out of their day to show their kid everything let alone taxi them around everywhere. College level courses, piano, martial arts (that high kick wasn't very impressive lol), weapons, tutoring adults...

Atleast he's ambitious. I don't see that every day.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The news yesterday had a story about a 6 year old giving a concert last week at Carnegie Hall. He has only been playing the piano for two years. watching his hands was amazing.

People have got to stop flushing medicines down the sewer system; it is contaminating our drinking water. Male fish and frogs laying eggs; 9 year olds with long hair, ear rings and MCSE's; 6 year old piano virtuoso's. Next we will have talking gorillas and monkeys and we know where that leads.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Next we will have talking gorillas and monkeys and we know where that leads.

yeah.. a bad remake of Planet of the Apes.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There was a kid last year who at 11 graduated college with a 4.0 which in my opinion is way harder than the MCSE since there is more work than taking a handful of tests.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    Was the irony in this post intended, or accidental? Whichever it was, it was funny....

MS

lol That's great.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe he's an idiot savant for Microsoft. Genetic experiment? Both? When I was 9 all I did was play the original Nintendo system.
  • ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    well i stared on computers when i was 9 and i got my first job when i was 13 so it is posible may be if i was more expose at early age
    Maybe he's an idiot savant for Microsoft. Genetic experiment? Both? When I was 9 all I did was play the original Nintendo system.

+1 to that. Favorite game was Super Mario Brothers 3
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I applaud the kid. He's got more initiative than most adults I know.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I wouldn't personally have done it but all the best to him IMO. He's already achieved more than some people ever will and he's only 9.