70-647 Question

I'm planning on taking the 70-647 test in the next week or so.
My question is, how hard is the test compared to the other server 2008 tests? So far it seems like there's really nothing new in this exam, it's just putting everything together on how to plan and design stuff.
It kind of seems like this might be the easiest test of them all.

Comments

• kiki1579kiki1579 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's a relative question IMO.

If you are taking the test soon, I'm assuming you have studied the exam areas throughly. In my experience, with the companion CD's that come with say MS Press or Sybex books plus reading the material and going through each exercise helps give you a better idea as to what to expect for the test. If you did good on all your practice exams, you should be just fine.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're really zooming through these tests. Good luck on the exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    -Foxer- wrote: »
    I'm planning on taking the 70-647 test in the next week or so.
    My question is, how hard is the test compared to the other server 2008 tests? So far it seems like there's really nothing new in this exam, it's just putting everything together on how to plan and design stuff.
    It kind of seems like this might be the easiest test of them all.

If you followed the 70-640 --> 70-642 --> 70-643 --> 70-647 route you should be pretty familiar with most the topics on the exam. M$ did a decent job of overlapping the materials and building on each previous test. Without giving too much away be familiar with NAP authentication methods, TS (gateway, broker , etc), Applying and filtering GPOs, RODCs, WSUS, AD sites/bridges and DNS zones and you should be fine.
  • -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    If you followed the 70-640 --> 70-642 --> 70-643 --> 70-647 route you should be pretty familiar with most the topics on the exam. M$ did a decent job of overlapping the materials and building on each previous test. Without giving too much away be familiar with NAP authentication methods, TS (gateway, broker , etc), Applying and filtering GPOs, RODCs, WSUS, AD sites/bridges and DNS zones and you should be fine.

So basically just know everything!

I did follow the 70-640 --> 70-642 --> 70-643 --> 70-647 route, so I think I'll be OK. It just seems more like a review/putting everything together test more than a bunch of new info.

I'm make sure I review those things. Thanks.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Its mostly the same material from the other tests, but its a "design" test. So its more of a "when do you" rather than "how do you"
  • -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Its mostly the same material from the other tests, but its a "design" test. So its more of a "when do you" rather than "how do you"

Got it. I just wanted to hear from some people that have taken it. Thanks!