passed ITIL v3

adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed ITIL v3 foundation exam with a 92 % today. It was easier than I thought, and I was totally over prepared for it.. ( or maybe i wasn't fully prepared else I would have scored 100.. ) anyway.. i am certified..
Does anyone know how does it work from here on? Do i have to register on some site now.??

Where now? I reeeaally want to do CISSP....already have the material with me.. just need to get started..
Wish List :
CISSP...

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    adeetee wrote: »
    I passed ITIL v3 foundation exam with a 92 % today. It was easier than I thought, and I was totally over prepared for it.. ( or maybe i wasn't fully prepared else I would have scored 100.. ) anyway.. i am certified..
    Does anyone know how does it work from here on? Do i have to register on some site now.??

Where now? I reeeaally want to do CISSP....already have the material with me.. just need to get started..

Congratulations...92% is an above average score. You missed 2 of the questions.

Not sure what you mean by "how does it work from here on?".

MS
  • adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks.. I meant to ask, do i have to register on some website, like we do for cisco.. etc..? or will they just send me the cert without me having to register anywhere.
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
    thanks.. I meant to ask, do i have to register on some website, like we do for cisco.. etc..? or will they just send me the cert without me having to register anywhere.

Your certificate and lapel pin will be mailed to you. No need to register for anything as far as I know.

MS
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Adeetee- Great score. Congrats

emes- My name still doesn't show up on the "official list". Do I need to have Prometric forward my results to anyone? I imagine that this is because many service offer the Foundations exam while only a few are authorized for the intermediate and above exams. I am not sure about this but it is my assumption.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
    Adeetee- Great score. Congrats

emes- My name still doesn't show up on the "official list". Do I need to have Prometric forward my results to anyone? I imagine that this is because many service offer the Foundations exam while only a few are authorized for the intermediate and above exams. I am not sure about this but it is my assumption.

Yeah, mine doesn't show up there either, and that's ok with me.

You're speaking of this: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/ITILEISCRSquery.asp

In order to get your information to appear there you must inform your Exam Institute to release it. Your EI (if you did the exam through Prometric) is Exin. One email where you can reach Exin is results@exin-us.org . You'll need to give them enough information to identify you and will probably need to explain exactly what it is you want to happen.

MS
  • IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This should help:

When will my name appear on the Successful Candidate Register?
    All candidates that have taken and passed an ITIL V3 examination can be found on the Successful Candidate Register at:

http://www.itil-officialsite.com/ITILEISCRSquery.asp

This website is updated once a month, based on the candidate information provided to the APM Group by each Licensed Examination Institute.

As there are several Examination Institutes (EI) for ITIL® if your details do not appear on the website you will need to contact the Examination Institute through which you gained your qualification. If you are not aware of who this was you should contact your course provider.

Contact Information for each of the EIs is provided below:

APMG-International: servicedesk@apmgroup.co.uk

BCS-ISEB: isebenq@hq.bcs.org.uk

CSME: info@csme.us

DANSK IT: dansk-it@dansk-it.dk

DFC: certifiering@dfs.se

EXIN: service@exin-exams.com

LCS: exams@loyalistc.on.ca

TÜV SÜD Akademie: akd.it@tuev-sued.de
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■

Gratz on the great score. That is something to be proud of. I have this exam scheduled at Prometric May 7th so wish me luck.

I've been really going through the V3 Glossary. I did obtain a book from Horizon which seems to be indepth, but I am taking the advice from eMeS and going through the Glossary several times before heading back to the life cycle and 5 core service models.
  • adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Gratz on the great score. That is something to be proud of. I have this exam scheduled at Prometric May 7th so wish me luck.

I've been really going through the V3 Glossary. I did obtain a book from Horizon which seems to be indepth, but I am taking the advice from eMeS and going through the Glossary several times before heading back to the life cycle and 5 core service models.

thanks guys..

N2IT, Good luck for the exam!!
    Glossary is good for definitions.. But i really liked this book - ITIL V3 Foundation Exam - The Study Guide.pdf... its a small guide and has pretty much everything..
    All the best!
    Wish List :
    CISSP...
  • Strat_Strat_ Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed with 87% but I wonder why only 87, I was sure that I had only 2 bad questions, strange, but at least I passed it :)