MCP Learning Rewards Program

JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got an interesting e-mail from Microsoft:
MCP Learning Rewards Program Open for Limited Enrollment

Dear Microsoft Certified Professional,

Our records show that you have taken more than three Microsoft Certification exams in the past five years. We want to thank you for being an active Microsoft Certified Professional by inviting you to participate in a limited pilot of the new MCP Learning Rewards Program.

The MCP Learning Rewards Program is exclusively available to MCPs and helps you introduce your network to the value of Microsoft Certification. The program allows you to request Microsoft Certification exam vouchers that you can distribute to your friends, colleagues, and contacts. When they redeem your vouchers, you receive points to redeem for personal rewards like a subscription to the E-Reference Library or free certification vouchers for your personal use. You may also request and distribute Second Shot vouchers through June 30, 2010.

The limited pilot of the MCP Learning Rewards Program will open for registration at 8:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time on April 21, 2010. Find out what time this is in your region (timeanddate.com). This is a limited pilot, so enrollment will be restricted to the first 10,000 MCPs who register.

When registration opens on April 21, you can enroll by following these steps:

<REDACTED>

If you experience difficulty registering for the program, use the Contact Us link on the registration page to notify us. Note: If you are already participating in the MCT Rewards program, you do not need to register for this program.

Thank you for making Microsoft Certification part of your career journey.

Microsoft Learning
Anyone already in the MCT version that can shed some light on the details?
Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
Classes Transferred:
BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1

Comments

• Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I got the email too.

I'll try to sign up.

I'll pass along vouchers to people here who are about to take an exam.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I also received this email. The thought occurred to me what is to stop people from exchanging vouchers with each other to take that exam that they may have been putting off? Especially with all the new exams that have been coming out. I saw nothing prohibiting it.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    TheShadow wrote: »
    I also received this email. The thought occurred to me what is to stop people from exchanging vouchers with each other to take that exam that they may have been putting off? Especially with all the new exams that have been coming out. I saw nothing prohibiting it.

Likely nothing, but im betting the vouchers are like the MCT vouchers which are only a certain percentage off the price and not a full fledge voucher.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Likely nothing, but im betting the vouchers are like the MCT vouchers which are only a certain percentage off the price and not a full fledge voucher.
    That is correct, it's just 10% off or whatever the country discount level is. Still better than nothing and it does include SecondShot while it's active.

Happy to trade vouchers with others if it's possible. ;)
    10% off stacked on second shot will make me stab some stabs at ISA and Exchange :D
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    10% off stacked on second shot will make me stab some stabs at ISA and Exchange :D
    Aren't you enrolled at WGU? If so you qualify for the Student Second Shot, which is about 50% off.
    Student Certification Discounts
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    Aren't you enrolled at WGU? If so you qualify for the Student Second Shot, which is about 50% off.
    Student Certification Discounts

D'oh. I forgot about that! icon_lol.gif
    registration appears to be open, although the website is timing out.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I aint gettin' nuttin'.... 404 error after I register.
  • wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I aint gettin' nuttin'.... 404 error after I register.

I was getting those as well. Just keep trying and you'll get through.. Seems like the same performance/traffic issues Prometric has each time a new Beta is opened.
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've tried several times to register over the last few hours but no joy. 404 errors, but also I had some red writing under the submit button saying i'm not authorized! No idea why... I got the email invitation. Will keep trying.
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    I've tried several times to register over the last few hours but no joy. 404 errors, but also I had some red writing under the submit button saying i'm not authorized! No idea why... I got the email invitation. Will keep trying.
    The back-end website is getting hammered that verifies your MCP number etc. Keep trying and eventually you'll get an email.

I'd suggest using the 'contact us' link on the registration page. Who knows, they might be able to sort it out for you..
    I got registered fine, i just cant login without getting a 404, haha.
    Thanks people. Will keep trying.
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    UMM, where is my email?
    Thanks people. Will keep trying.

I just found the below on Encouraging Others to Get Certified? Join MCP Rewards! - Born To Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

If you are an MCP but receive a message "You are not authorized", please email your MCP ID to lrfeedb@microsoft.com.
    rhermans wrote: »
    I just found the below on Encouraging Others to Get Certified? Join MCP Rewards! - Born To Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn

If you are an MCP but receive a message "You are not authorized", please email your MCP ID to lrfeedb@microsoft.com.

Thanks for this, appreciated, I have emailed them. Will see what happens :)
  • StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I finallly got through about an hour ago and I had been trying since this morning. Although I'm not sure if it is worth it at this point. I haven't figured out how many points you receive when someone redeems a voucher but if it's only one point then this is a waste. I takes 60 points to get a free voucher and 300 points for an e-learning course. The points also expire after every quarter. I don't see anyone other than large corporations benefiting from it. Once I find out how many points are redeemed per voucher I'll know for sure.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found my answer, 10 per voucher which pretty good. ;)

Q:How do I earn points towards the Learning Rewards Program?
    A: Request Vouchers and distribute them to your network. Your Learning Rewards Program Account will be credited with 10 points each time a student redeems one Exam Discount Voucherin one of the Prometric test centers. Your points will accrue as network redeems their vouchers, and, if you earn enough points in a quarter for one of the rewards, you may redeem your points for one of the rewards. You may redeem your points at any time on the rewards site, Microsoft Learning Rewards.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
    Starke wrote: »
    I finallly got through about an hour ago and I had been trying since this morning. Although I'm not sure if it is worth it at this point. I haven't figured out how many points you receive when someone redeems a voucher but if it's only one point then this is a waste. I takes 60 points to get a free voucher and 300 points for an e-learning course. The points also expire after every quarter. I don't see anyone other than large corporations benefiting from it. Once I find out how many points are redeemed per voucher I'll know for sure.
    You receive 10 points per voucher. The vouchers you get to distribute have ZERO discount, so they're no better than the ones anyone can get through the Second Shot program.
    MentholMoose
    Well thats a waste.

Thanks for nada, MSL.
    Looks like the email to MS worked. I have just had a response from someone at microsoft apologising and they have told me they will make sure I get registered.

Thanks for the heads up :D
    Well thats a waste.

Thanks for nada, MSL.

I don't see it as a waste at all.. I'll make sure all my co-workers know who to contact for a voucher.. If I get one free myself that's nice.. If not, I'm happy to help my co-workers get on-board to do some (extra?) Microsoft exams. If I can help them out.. that's enough for me.. ;)

[edit]
    I'm not sure.. haven't really had to use the second shot so far. Doesn't MS usually allow you to just apply for one second shot voucher? If so, you'd now be able to hand them out for each exam. If not.. I've learned something new.. :)
    [/edit]
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well thats a waste.

Thanks for nada, MSL.

I thought I read these could be used in conjunction with with discount vouchers.
    You receive 10 points per voucher. The vouchers you get to distribute have ZERO discount, so they're no better than the ones anyone can get through the Second Shot program.
    Lame, the MCT vouchers at least give 10% off.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Second shots only. I don't see how this is differen't from what a person can currently do. I signed up and grabbed ten to pass around anyway. We will see how it goes.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
    The only consolidation prize I can offer is this quote:
    Jack
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 6:32 PM
    Can use my own second shot voucher codes and benefit myself?

Wed, Apr 21 2010 7:16 PM
    @ Jack: yes you can!

Source: Encouraging Others to Get Certified? Join MCP Rewards!

So if you can take a test or two yourself and get a couple of people to use the vouchers you've got a shot at getting enough points in a quarter. Would have been much easier if they'd been like the MCT ones with a 10% discount as well...
    I don't see it as a waste at all.. I'll make sure all my co-workers know who to contact for a voucher.. If I get one free myself that's nice.. If not, I'm happy to help my co-workers get on-board to do some (extra?) Microsoft exams. If I can help them out.. that's enough for me.. ;)
    Right, it's useful to anyone who can convince people to use their vouchers.
    [edit]
    I'm not sure.. haven't really had to use the second shot so far. Doesn't MS usually allow you to just apply for one second shot voucher? If so, you'd now be able to hand them out for each exam. If not.. I've learned something new.. :)
    [/edit]
    Anyone can get as many Second Shot vouchers as they want. Students can get unlimited Student Second Shot vouchers that include ~50% discount.
    MentholMoose
  • SQLDeveloperSQLDeveloper Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all,
    I have been invited by Microsoft Learning Rewards Program successfully completed registration. I'm free to distribute free Microsoft Certification vouchers to my network now.
    A few friends from Kodyaz community have already used the free exam vouchers for Second Shot.
    I want to share a few voucher codes here also for your use in United States.

920535AWG2
    920535B562
    920535CJSZ
    920535DK0Q
    920535EVPD

If you live in an other country, if you send me a private message or visit Free Second Shot Offer for Microsoft Certification Exam Takers using Exam Vouchers I can send you exam vouchers unique for your use.

I wish you success in your exams,
    Eralper