Topology Help

helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

the countdown is on to my Net+... April 20th will come very fast! Anyway, I'm using Exam Essentials 6 to help me prepare, and I'm found that some of the answers are wrong, or change. So here is my question.

The question from EE6 is 'Which Topology uses the least amount of cable?'

I usually answer Star, but sometimes it's right, and sometimes it's wrong. As i'm writing this post, I had just answered Star, but it said Bus was the correct answer.

Can anyone put the record straight?

thanks for any help
A+, Network+, MCP, MSDST, MCITP:SA, HDI-SCA, MCTS, ITILv3

Comments

• DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bus topology requires less cable than other topologies because it's continuous and not a point-to-point network...

How's that icon_smile.gif
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    bus is definately the answer
  • 12mcken12mcken Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would have to concur with DarklyWise and seuss_ssues. The answer to the question is the Bus topology, since it only requires a single cable to connect multiple computers, where as a Star Topology consist of one cable per machine/device.

There are no in-between answers when it comes to choosing a topology that uses the least amount of cable.

Don't over think or second guess the answer, and you'll do fine. Good luck on your exam on the 20th.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Correct :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Agreed.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
    What made you think that the answer would be the Star topology?

icon_confused.gif:
    A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ..I did a quick google last evening as well and there was one site where a chap operating a 'virtual school' stated that STAR was the answer..

I'm going to google it again today after work and perhaps shoot him an e-mail... BUS is the answer... STAR never was icon_smile.gif
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am using exam essentials 6.0 as well. I like it, I just hope that it, along with my other studies, is enough to pass.

I will let you know how well of a study tool it is after I take the test on thursday.

J
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    bus is definitely the answer!!