a question about printer permissions

hoomi_mcsehoomi_mcse Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a question please answer me now coz tomorrow morning (local time) I have my exam. if we have a user name user1 for instance and you want User1 be able to manage printers and manage all jobs is it enough to give him only manage printers permission or we have to give him both manage printers and manage documents?

I tested and with only manage printers and no manage documents the user was not able to canel a job but in Microsoft 70-270 book it says Manage printers has all manage documents permissions.
anyone can help?

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know this is an old post, but I actually have the same question. My book says the same thing. It even builds a chart (The kind you see when an advertiser is trying to sell you their best product by having all of the other items checked plus more). This doesn't make sense.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I believe that Manage Printers does imply manage documents.

Manage Documents is for each user managing their own, or assigning other users to be able to cancel documents. Manage Printers allows people to make property changes to the printer and manage docs, IIRC.
  • rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    Manage Printer - can change printer settings and ports and stuff
    Manage Documents - can do just that, ie delete someone elses job out of the queue
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rwwest7 wrote: »
    Manage Printer - can change printer settings and ports and stuff
    Manage Documents - can do just that, ie delete someone elses job out of the queue

But does a person with manage printers automatically get manage documents or does that need to be assigned seperatly?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Like i said, Manage Printer permission implies Manage Document permission

What are printer permissions?

As an aside, you'll notice CREATOR/OWNER has Manage Document permission. Don't remove that unless you dont want users to be able to cancel their own documents.