please help me for my project

anas.alfayadhanas.alfayadh Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm a student in Damascus University, at the partation IT.they have required me a project for simple implementation of the major role of DHCP Server on the "Opnet" program but I'm not familiar for this program
please help me and make for me mini project of DHCP server. icon_redface.gif

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm sure people will be happy to help you but doing your assignment is a different story.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm a student in Damascus University, at the partation IT.they have required me a project for simple implementation of the major role of DHCP Server on the "Opnet" program but I'm not familiar for this program
    please help me and make for me mini project of DHCP server. icon_redface.gif

Are you asking for some assistance? Or do you want someone to volunteer to do your assignment so YOU can get credit?

If you need assistance, you have to post more info... such as... What kind of platform are you trying to build the dhcp server on? How large of a scope do you want? What information do you already have towards the project?

I don't mean to be rude, but asking for help is fine... asking for the project to be done is totally different!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The best I can tell you to do is to google opnet first of all. Study up on it and learn how and why it works. Then start working on setting up your DHCP server. This is a good place to come and get advice and get a glimpse of someone elses knowledge but everyone here works very hard to get where they are.
    Asking people to do your project is not going to get you a lot of help here. If you're working on it and get stuck by not understanding the technology or if something is just not working as expected then you'll get a lot of help here.
    From what I read the main feature you're going to be using of opnet is network modeling and your task is to implement a DHCP server. You need some resources on how to workwith opnet and do the work, when you get to the point of having something in the works I'd like to hear about it. I read a couple articles on it (googled it) and it seems interesting.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I accidentally his whole project.
    I'll do your project... and by do your project, I mean eat pie.
    Sorry... I just felt those two so strongly, I had to post.

If you need help with a specific question, ask and we'll help.
  • CheesewaffleCheesewaffle Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I use OPNET, so I may be able to help. But as the guys said before its your project.

May I draw your attention to this book.

Network Simulation Experiments Manual: A Systems Approach The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Networking: Amazon.co.uk: Emad Aboelela: Books

Its by no means perfect but one of the few books out there on OPNET, it will take you a good 2-3 weeks to understand OPNET before you even begin to do experiments. Its a very powerful tool.

Also if you need to get a copy of the OPNET program you can download the academic one for free, but it is 4-5 versions behind the commercial one.