I passed :) ITIL® Service Capability - Operational Support and Analysis

abb16ottabb16ott Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Glad to report I have passed my ITIL® Service Capability - Operational Support and Analysis.

I had to wait 4 weeks for the results and finally I got the big envelope with my Certificate in it :)

Time for a beer to celibrate :)

Cheers

Charlie

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    abb16ott wrote: »
    Glad to report I have passed my ITIL® Service Capability - Operational Support and Analysis.

I had to wait 4 weeks for the results and finally I got the big envelope with my Certificate in it :)

Cheers

Charlie

Congrats on the pass. Any thoughts on the exam?

MS
  • abb16ottabb16ott Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. Any thoughts on the exam?

MS

I thought as did the rest of the class that the exam questions were much harder than anything we had seen in the test questions provided on the course.

I did not like that the questions & scenario's went over several pages each, meaning flipping back and forward to compare the answers.

I felt I had done enough to pass and was over the moon to get a good pass.

Hey another one down anyway - hope I get a rest before doing another :)

Thanks

Charlie
    I thought as did the rest of the class that the exam questions were much harder than anything we had seen in the test questions provided on the course.

This is a common bit of feedback, both at the Foundation and Intermediate levels.
    I did not like that the questions & scenario's went over several pages each, meaning flipping back and forward to compare the answers.

I felt I had done enough to pass and was over the moon to get a good pass.

Again, congratulations. What was your score on this one? Did your employer ask you to attend? Which training provider did you use?

MS
  • abb16ottabb16ott Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a common bit of feedback, both at the Foundation and Intermediate levels.

Again, congratulations. What was your score on this one? Did your employer ask you to attend? Which training provider did you use?

MS

I scored 34/40 and yes I was sent by my employer - which is good as they paid :) - And we used somebody in the UK called Quanta.
    ITILTRAIN wrote: »
    Great job!

Theire is a community on Linkedin that provides some execellent tip for taking the ITIL Intermediate exams. It's called ******* if you are interested.

Great! What the world needs is another place for you to shill online classes.
  • Mary RoseMary Rose Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□

Cheers

Charlie

Big big congrats on the pass.

I get a great feeling of happiness when I hear about others passing intermediate level certificates in ITIL. We NEED ITIL to make our bigger IT field a better more efficient work environment.
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Great! What the world needs is another place for you to shill online classes.

Tension I sense in this and other threads... lol
    carboncopy wrote: »
    Tension I sense in this and other threads... lol

None from me, I just strongly believe that everything doesn't have to be a sales opportunity. People who do need to be regularly called out on it.

Not only that, I think it's extremely poor etiquette to go into an online forum and recommend that the readers leave that place and join some other group.

I like being able to come here and read about areas that I'm not familiar with, without being bombarded by sales messages. Although the volume of ITIL, Six Sigma, and PMP posts here is low, it's about the volume that I have time to keep up with, and information about these topics is some of the unique value that I can provide here. I enjoy doing it, and I will try to protect it.

When I was growing up I had a friend. It seemed like they never let their dogs outside to go to the bathroom. So they had piles of dog crap all over their house. I didn't like having to step around the piles of crap at my friend's house, so guess what, I eventually stopped visiting. Unabated sales and marketing has a similar impact on online forums and discussion groups. People stop visiting and participating because it's too hard to keep from getting crap on your shoe.

It would be fine to contribute something useful from time to time and perhaps even include a company web link in his signature line. Maybe even cross-post some of the more useful information from his LI group here so that others might see it. The bottom line is that readers are entitled to a choice of whether or not that they want to be sold to....

I don't sell here, and perhaps only a couple of the long-term members do from what I can recall. Why should someone who has contributed much less be allowed to do this? A good example of a regular contributor here who both offers value in his posts and uses TE in a professional and respectable manner to make sales is Darril Gibson. He is highly thought of because his value equation is balanced. It's clear that he's not just about making that next sale.

Here's something else posted a while back by the IT Skeptic discussing marketing he received from this guy's company: My first ITIL spam. ITSM is going to the dogs. | The IT Skeptic

MS
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    None from me, I just strongly believe that everything doesn't have to be a sales opportunity. People who do need to be regularly called out on it.

Thanks MS for pointing this out, I can't agree with you more, the offending post has been removed.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    Aldur wrote: »
    Thanks MS for pointing this out, I can't agree with you more, the offending post has been removed.

Wow, thanks! I really wasn't expecting that.

MS
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Wow, thanks! I really wasn't expecting that.

MS

np :D Just doing my modding job. Let me know if you see anything else out of place.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    congrats for passing
    Decide what to be and go be it.