Passed it on Sat- 70-293

DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I sit down and the screen says error-unable to load test, I hit OK and it has my name with start your test so I hit yes. It gets the error message again. The place has to call tech support and is on hold for 1 hr, I am ready to go postal because I am ready to take it and don't want to be told to come back. Finally after 1hr and 20 minutes I am able to start my test. I took the whole 3 1/2 hours and I could not answer any of the 3 simulation questions, I felt like I failed but was close and with the "second chance" offer I would hopefully get it next time. I hit the "finish" button and a 858 score popped upicon_cheers.gif.

One thing that sucks about the 2 places I take my tests is that they have tiny 17" monitors, you have to scroll all over the place to read the damn questions!!

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS to you on your pass!!! What's next up for you?
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • MSNinjaMSNinja Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    I will kill this baby rabbit=beast in 2 weeks now. Dreaming about PKI and Clusters at the moment so I must doing something right :)
    One question: Did you use the MSPress for this one, and if so, is it just me or this book a slight variation of the 291 book, except with a lot of "planning" and "designing" thrown in the mix? Seems like the only thing the book as taught me more about is PKI and Clustering...

But I'm rambling now so good luck with the next one!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    You must know the material really well to get that score after missing the Sims and being under the stress of sitting there waiting to start your test.
    What's up next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will hit 70-294 next. I used the Microsoft book and my work has CBT nuggets. I also tried to find stuff on the internet but there is not much in the form of study questions. The 70-291 was similar to the Microsoft book but 70-293 was not--really long worded questions (PKI, Clustering, RRAS)
    I studied about 30 6-8 hour days in a 3 month period.icon_study.gif
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Excellent man. I heard that the test wasn't as "wordy" as it was last year. I took it in summer and failed, by only a few points. I don't remember who posted the length feedback, but did you have any time management issues on this test?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Jonny70Jonny70 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good work! What's next?
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!! It is frustrating to have to wait or have it crash on you.