Where to start CITRIX

orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am too late now. I want to start my career as Master of CITRIX now. Please help me where to start now.

I would like to be master in server enterprise side.

Thank you
Nothing is impossible in this IT world.

Comments

• stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Citrix is a diverse company with many products and certifications to match.

Most people start their Citrix journey through Presentation Server/XenApp, although I can see this changing as the take up XenServer increases.

Your exposure to Citrix products and which certification you would like to attain will guide which route is best for you. I would suggest starting with XenApp 5.0 for Windows 2008 or XenApp 5.0 for Windows 2003

What Citrix products have you worked with? Which Citrix certification would you like to attain?
  • orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, as I said earlier I am completely new to CITRIX world. This is very ineresting how someone introduced me to citrix. I was lay from my Netowrk administrator job back in august 2009. One of my friend suggest me to go with CITRIX and VMWARE and do couple of certification. So he is teaching me Citrix XenApp 4.5. And now I preparing to take 1Y0-259 exam.

After I pass I look for Citrix JOB and then I will go from there further.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    orissa wrote: »
    Well, as I said earlier I am completely new to CITRIX world. This is very ineresting how someone introduced me to citrix. I was lay from my Netowrk administrator job back in august 2009. One of my friend suggest me to go with CITRIX and VMWARE and do couple of certification. So he is teaching me Citrix XenApp 4.5. And now I preparing to take 1Y0-259 exam.

After I pass I look for Citrix JOB and then I will go from there further.
    You better hurry up, the 1Y0-259 is being discontinued next month.
    Exam 259
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
    Thank you for update , I will finish this month.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Citrix is a company, not a product. XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop, GoTo<whereever>, etc. are all Citrix products. Find your niche and focus on it.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hii Everybody,

Was just going through this thread and it seems that its stated that the exam iy0-259 would be retired sometime next month!! its scary!! Considering if I am able to finish it by next month , How Should I proceed forward... intentions are to be certified in Citrix - CCEA 2008 serv level. I have gone though citrix site and its too confusing.... in someone can please explain the path to follow to be CCA and CCEA (maybe CCIA- :) someday in dreams )so that money does not get wasted in trying to upgrade,,,, I have started studing some pdfs but its of no use. Looking to buy a good book as well. Please do respond as my query... Thanks in advance!!

Ritz.
    I passed my first Citrix exam Friday last week. Thank you so much for all who helped me in this forum.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ritamshome wrote: »
    Hii Everybody,

Was just going through this thread and it seems that its stated that the exam iy0-259 would be retired sometime next month!! its scary!! Considering if I am able to finish it by next month , How Should I proceed forward... intentions are to be certified in Citrix - CCEA 2008 serv level. I have gone though citrix site and its too confusing.... in someone can please explain the path to follow to be CCA and CCEA (maybe CCIA- :) someday in dreams )so that money does not get wasted in trying to upgrade,,,, I have started studing some pdfs but its of no use. Looking to buy a good book as well. Please do respond as my query... Thanks in advance!!

Ritz.
    What specifically are you having trouble with? This page shows the exams you need:
    CCEA for Citrix XenApp (Presentation Server 4)

This cert is being discontinued at the end of 2010, so you will have to pass all 5 exams before the end of the year.

As for books, there aren't very many out therefor Citrix stuff. Here's one that has received some postive reviews:
    Amazon.com: The Real Citrix CCA Exam Preparation Kit: Prepare for XenApp 5.0 (9781597494199): Shawn Tooley: Books
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What specifically are you having trouble with? This page shows the exams you need:
    CCEA for Citrix XenApp (Presentation Server 4)
    ritamshome there is no point in you pursuing the CCEA on PS4 unless already have years of experience with it and it would only be review, etc. You would essentially be learning out of date ways to do things and need to practice on a product that's what... 5 years old?

Although you can pass some XenApp 4.5 (aka XA5 for Win2k3) towards this credential, the Build/Test exam covers Presentation Server 4.0, Password Manager 4.1 and Access Gateway 4.2 so you'd need to learn versions of the product that are out of support and unavailable at this time.

Since it sounds like you're new(ish) to the products I would instead suggest you focus on getting the brand new Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE for Virtualization) certification - the replacement for the CCEA - allowing you to become proficient with the current product line and in a much more marketable position once you complete it.