Took test today (didn't pass)

qnetqnet Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got a 670. My only study materials were the Ms press book. I knew I wasn't ready but, waited too late to cancel. The test was very straight forward and not that hard just like people have said and, I wish I would have prepared better. I skipped the last three chapters, thinking I could get by. It was stuff i had read before but, I should have went over it again.

There were a few questions on there I had absolutely no clue about.

Comments

• qnetqnet Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I failed again. I'm a little frustrated right now because, I got a worse score than before, 612. The test was a little more difficult than before also. Once again, the sims were not that bad, that was probably the easiest part for me.

The performance and system monitoring stuff was really a weak area of mine, as well as disaster recovery.

I got CBT Nuggets because, I have heard on here that it's pretty good so, I hope it helps. I hope it covers some things that the Ms press book didn't or, at least helps me understand things better.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't give up man... watch the CBT Nuggets, read up on some of your weak areas and knock that puppy out!!! Good luck on your retake!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Make sure you lab it up. Download a free copy of VMware/VirtualPC from the vendor's website and get a trial copy of server 2003 here > Installing Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard or Enterprise Edition with SP2 (32-bit x86)

There should also be a copy of the OS on the CD that came with the book. Labbing up is the best way to go about these exams, you can see stuff happening right in front of you. Besides, you can break/fix stuff as much as you want.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Testout helped me more than CBT nuggets, just my 2 cents
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • qnetqnet Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies and words of encouragement. I actually have a lab set up with three computers. It has helped a lot but, I continue to push myself to take the test before I'm ready. I get excited when I read other people passing and want to knock it out fast, myself.

I admit I was kind of cocky and overconfident at first. I own and operate a small computer networking and repair business. I have set up small networks using windows server 03 but, nothing on a enterprise level. I have built servers so, I did real well on the "managing and maintain physical & logical devices" section.

I haven't took a certification exam in several years since I went to Tech school. At the school they let us use transender and it was free. Now I'm doing it all on my own. I'm certainly learning a lot, which is good because; I would like to get some bigger clients in the future and, is why I'm trying to get these certifications.

Miller811, thanks but, I already got the cbtnuggets and, I'll try that for now before I spend any more money.
  • MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    qnet am writing the exams tomorrow and am hoping i pass. If i do i will mail to you ALL the study materials am using right now. Considering i wrote 70-620 yesterday and passed with 875 am usin the same faith to go nail this one. And yes the MSPress books are not good enough.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    good luck micernest. qnet, work on your weak areas and better luck next time
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    So i took the exams today and PASSED with 900... seemed like a sucide mission when i registered for vista and it the same period but i made it. qnet my offer is still open. Email me. Its sad you had to write twice thats why am doin this.
    Micernest wrote: »
    So i took the exams today and PASSED with 900... seemed like a sucide mission when i registered for vista and it the same period but i made it. qnet my offer is still open. Email me. Its sad you had to write twice thats why am doin this.
    Great score. Congrats on your new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Thanks...time to face the beast or mayb i shd skip n take another exams.
  • TheSweetnessTheSweetness Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks...time to face the beast or mayb i shd skip n take another exams.

Happen to want to pass those study materials out? I'm sitting for my second attempt in two days. This site has been a great help -- as the guides presented by the admin are the areas I feel I need the most help with. Any additional resources are always welcome. icon_thumright.gif
    TheSweetness you sound prepared go get them...i mailed you if you get to see it then we will roll from there.
    TheSweetness you sound prepared go get them...i mailed you if you get to see it then we will roll from there.

thanks for the pm. unfortunately i sit for the exam in 90 minutes. tryin to keep my nerves in check!
    made it! barely. 718.

sorry for the thread jack :)
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    made it! barely. 718.

congrats on the pass
    BTW, you could have started your own thread....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    made it! barely. 718.

Congrats!
    CONGRATS u did it. THANK GOODNESS. Ignore my last PM but u can still answer d last question there.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□

Do you think I could get my hands on these materials as well? Sounds like everyone is doing good with them.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Do you think I could get my hands on these materials as well? Sounds like everyone is doing good with them.

He never sent me anything. icon_cool.gif