Options

Books for MCSE:Messaging

Hi Guys,
What resources would you recommend for MCSE:Messaging. I cannot find any book for 70-285 (is there any reason for this)?

Thanks
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I dont think there is a book specfically written for this exam. TechNet will be your best friend. I recommend the MS Exchange Server 2003 24Seven book by McBee too, pretty good this one.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    I would not bother with getting a Exchange 2003 certification at this point. You would be better off getting your MCSE and then go for the MCITP in Exchange 2007 or get the Exchange 2010 certification. I have the MCSE and the MCITP: Enterprise Messaging track for 2k7. It is not worth much to get a 2003 Exchange cert at this point when most people are trying to migrate off of it or already have.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Here's an old post from when I passed the 285:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/exchange-server-office-communications-server-exams/31905-passed-70-285-a.html

The e-learning course I used may still be out there, but I doubt it is free and you have to weigh the cost of the course vs the benefit of the certification. The Exchange 2003 Resource Kit is still the best book for any of the Exchange 2003 exams if you really want to learn the material.

BTW, the 285 exam is retiring in October so Microsoft is effectively retiring the MCSE:Messaging 2003. The Exchange 2003 certs no longer count for the partner messaging specialization either. Exchange 2003 knowledge still has value, particularly if you consult around Exchange. You will either be migrating off of 2003 or through 2003 since there are no third-party connectors in Exchange 2010. The 284 cert is more important for understanding 2003 in this instance since there really isn't any Exchange 2003 design work going on out there. Passing the 285 and obtaining the MCSE:Messaging specialization will help set you apart from other 2003 MCSEs if that is important to you, just don't expect too many HR folks to understand the difference.
  • Options
    mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    Thanks for all your replies.
    I will most likely do my MCITP (working on it right now), and then go for Exchange 2010.

Regards
    Mikesz
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP