CCNA Switching

wrwarwickwrwarwick Member Posts: 104
I just started my ICND2 book, and plan on taking the 640-802 exam in the next few weeks. I am reading over the switching topics, specifically VLANs and STP, and was wondering how much information concerning switching is covered on the CCNA exam.

Should I expect more questions on switching or routing, or an equal mix of both?

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go to Cisco's Website

Look up 640-802 Blueprint in the search feature, log in, and you'll be able to see what is expected of you on the exam. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • rackemuprackemup Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heya Warwick,

I've had questions like yours too. Then after poking around these forums, I figured it's ideal to practice running for 3 miles in preparation for a 1 mile race, ya know?

In other words, try to cover a little more than is required (no matter the "weight" of one topic over another).

Best of luck to you!
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    rackemup wrote: »
    Heya Warwick,

I've had questions like yours too. Then after poking around these forums, I figured it's ideal to practice running for 3 miles in preparation for a 1 mile race, ya know?

In other words, try to cover a little more than is required (no matter the "weight" of one topic over another).

Best of luck to you!

Good advice, better to over prepare than under....
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You should follow the links from the Cisco Certification page over to the Cisco Learning Network web site. There you need to create a free login if you don't already have at least a Guest Level Cisco CCO login -- and then you can see the topics on the exam blueprints for the exam(s) you're interested in.

This old CCNA exam blueprint page is still available -- but I'd check on the Cisco Learning Network site to make sure the versions still match.
    640-802 CCNA - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Anyway -- the CCNA is a Routing AND Switching exam, plus some other stuff. Luck of the draw on questions from the exam pool (and your preparation) might leave you thinking it's more of a routing exam, or more of a switching exam, or more like WTF was that.... icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    rackemup wrote: »
    Heya Warwick,

Best of luck to you!

Fantastic advice.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.