RSTP and PLSTP

thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have really silly question. If I do a continous ping on the same vlan and break the alt port on the spanning tree it works fine if the pc is in the same vlan. If it is in a different vlan it times out. I was checking the ports for the other vlans and it does not have the port that is alt in vlan but only in vlan 1. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong here. Here is the packet file 2shared - download CBTNuggets7_RSTP_PVSPT.pkt
Please take a look and let me know. Forgot to mention the passwords are cisco
CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.

Comments

• abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Not sure but you might try
    clear mac
    clear arp
    on the router.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you sure you should be distributing that file?
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Are you sure you should be distributing that file?

Why can't i distribute the file. IT is a lab that I created from scratch that I just followed from CBT nuggets? The file itself is not the program it is just a lab.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Why can't i distribute the file. IT is a lab that I created from scratch that I just followed from CBT nuggets? The file itself is not the program it is just a lab.

Based on the name I thought it might be one of the labs that CBT distributes with the videos.

But anyhow, to the lab. I set up a continuous ping from PC1 to PC2 and tried both shutting down the port and then removing the cable between Switch2 and Switch3 and neither had any effect on the ping. Which version of Packettracer are you using? If you have an older version, you may have just come up against a bug.