new Network+

msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
On the Comptia web site, they have announced that the New 2005 test will be available on May 1 2005. Does this mean the old one will then be retired, and you will no longer be able to take it after April 30,2005?

Comments

• msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I should have read futher down the list all this info is in a post below so I have till June to take the older one?
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    book it before the 1st of May, I have. Taking it on the 11th May.

Comptia told me that the exam is avaliable up till the 30th of June.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would also say book it before May 1. You can book in advance to ensure you'll get the older exam, and still have time to keep studying.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • TMM3TMM3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im not seeing any big difference to deter me from taking the old one over the new. I have been studying for the "old" test on and off for a bit now and am just about ready to take it. Why are you guys wanting to take the old over the new, I see a very small difference here, am I missing something ?

2001 Exam Objectives (Current Objectives)
    2005 Exam Objectives

Media and Topologies 20%
    Media and Topologies 20%

Protocols and Standards 25%
    Protocols and Standards 20%

Network Implementation 23%
    Network Implementation 25%

Network Support 32%
    Network Support 35%
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    TMM3 wrote:
    Im not seeing any big difference to deter me from taking the old one over the new. I have been studying for the "old" test on and off for a bit now and am just about ready to take it. Why are you guys wanting to take the old over the new, I see a very small difference here, am I missing something ?

2001 Exam Objectives (Current Objectives)
    2005 Exam Objectives

Media and Topologies 20%
    Media and Topologies 20%

Protocols and Standards 25%
    Protocols and Standards 20%

Network Implementation 23%
    Network Implementation 25%

Network Support 32%
    Network Support 35%

It's not so much the objectives themselves, it's the actual content. The new exam covers more current technologies in depth, as where the older exam is more of a memory game. The new exam will expect you to understand more of solution aspect, as opposed to just knowing statistics. I thought the Net+ was pretty simple. Not to mention the A+ upgrade was rather deep, and I expect Comptia to do the same with Net+.
    i remain, he who remains to be....