Options

ICND2 - Time Managment

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have thought about this ...regarding tomorrows ICND2 exam...

I hope I don't get stuck on any SIMS, but I have it in my head to not spend more than 10 minutes on them as Mike and others have often suggested in previous posts.

I am planning on using the pre-exam time to jot down the following on my paper/marker board across the top and side margin... After that and presuming I have 75 minutes and 45 questions (website states 40-50) that will allot me a little over 90 seconds per question.

################################################
128 192 224 240 248 252 254

17 / 128 / 25
18 / 192 / 26
19 / 224 / 27
20 / 240 / 28
21 / 248 / 29
22 / 252 / 30
23 / 254 / 31

################################################

Of course the quicker I answer them the better position I will be in come the SIMs that might potential bog me down. I should probably make a call at about 6-7 minutes if I'm better off skipping it altogether???
mikej412 wrote: »
I alway guess SIMs are about 50-75 points -- ....

I guess I should plan on 5 minutes minimum for the SIM questions? But it's hard to calculate what time should be spent, wisely, without knowing how many will show up on the exam!?#%*.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

icon_study.gif
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• Options
    Dilbert65Dilbert65 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I personally did not try to think to much about the test , except cramming, about how to take the test.

Personally I read teh question and answer it, no second guessing myself. Go with your gut and dont look back. I have followed this for over 30 years and always did good on tests.

On another note Good Luck.
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dilbert65 wrote: »
    Personally I read teh question and answer it, no second guessing myself. Go with your gut and dont look back.

+1 I did a lot of triple checking for nothing which cost me a lot of time.
  • Options
    Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 --- Either you know it or you don't........ As posted in another thread ---that last question might be another sim..... get there with time left to finish it.
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Dilbert65 wrote: »
    Go with your gut and dont look back.

Unfortunately there is no looking back....they left that button out! icon_cool.gif Good luck man, you'll be fine.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Geek1969 wrote: »
    +1 --- Either you know it or you don't........ As posted in another thread ---that last question might be another sim..... get there with time left to finish it.

This is very true. I was fortunate to know alot of the material to almost pass the ccent, which gave me some time left over for last minute sims. Second guessing myself is what caused me to fail.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Just make sure you know your stuff and you will be fine... I had all my sims on the ICND1 in the first 10 questions or so which really messed with my head. I raced through the rest worried I might have more sims later and would need the time but they never came thankfully. I finished with 3 minutes to spare!