ITIL Certifications

Does anyone know of any good self study resources for these exams? My new employer seems to be rather keen on them, but I'm not willing to spend $1400 on a course to get them
"Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."

Comments

• DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Found this:

http://www.itil-study-guide.com/ via

bowing.gifwww.google.com bowing.gif

google "itil certification" or "itil study guides" to search...

Good Luck

DWise
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Thanks man I'll check it out :)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It's been six years since I started my ITIL certification, but at that time there was hardly any study material for it. At that time ITIL was only available in the UK and The Netherlands. I'll check later today if I can dig up some related resources.
    My new employer seems to be rather keen on them,
    Any certs in particular?
    Well so far just the foundation level is what they've spoken with me about, we've just won a big local government service contract, and their IT department want us to start using ITIL to better integrate us into their systems. I'm thinking that down the line this may expand, but not just yet. Anyway I'd appreciate any info. you could dig up for me as ITIL is pretty new to me
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I just checked, and my main study material was a single chapter from a Dutch book. ITIL foundation was mandatory for everyone at the company I worked for at that time. I got a new position as trainer, hence I wasn't in 'the field' anymore and no longer required the cert. Considering it was boring as can be, I was glad to drop out. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, I see that ITIL has become more popular and there are several sites online which should be useful to you:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.itsmexams.com/content/demo.html
    icon_arrow.gifhttp://en.itsmportal.net/
    icon_arrow.gifwww.itilportal.com
    icon_arrow.gifwww.exin-exams.com
    icon_arrow.gifwww.itilsurvival.com/ITILfoundationexampreparationpracticetests.html

We got the ITIL training in-house, and received a set of practice questions with the study material, which I think we're free online as well. (something like the official sample questions), if I find anything I'll let you know.

I hope this is of some help.
    Thanks for the info. there, that'll give me a great start :) And you're probably right, it will be likely boring as old boots but......
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    ITIL formerly an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business.