Visualize a 2801 router?

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
I am wondering if it is possible to emulate a 2801 router, similar to GNS3. My research has come up nill. I am trying to find a router with an ios that supports CCM 4.3 (or similar). I heard that it is possible in GNS3, but I can find no information on what routers they used.

Sorry if this is a redundant questions, I did try and look.
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    2800s don't work in Dynamips. You can use 7200s, 3725s, 3600s, and 2600XMs in Dynamips/Dynagen for voice.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What ColbyG said.

None of the ISR and ISR G2 routers are supported in dynamips and there aren't any other router hardware emulators out there.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ColbyG wrote: »
    2800s don't work in Dynamips. You can use 7200s, 3725s, 3600s, and 2600XMs in Dynamips/Dynagen for voice.

I cant seem to find a supported CME for those routers.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    chmorin wrote: »
    Apart from the 7200, they're all old EOS/EOL routers. If you want to use a new version of CUCME then you really need to get a real router.
    tiersten wrote: »
    Apart from the 7200, they're all old EOS/EOL routers. If you want to use a new version of CUCME then you really need to get a real router.

I'd be happy if I could find a 4.x version compatible IOS.

Cisco Unified CME and Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express] - Cisco Systems

I'm still a noob to this stuff, sorry.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:

I run c3725-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T10.bin on my 3725 at home. I don't know how the versions of CME work now, but this works fine for everything I need. I used a 2610XM (long before I got the 3725) to study for IIUC, it also worked fine.

Cisco Unified CME and Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix [Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express] - Cisco Systems

I'm still a noob to this stuff, sorry.

According to the table you posted, the 3725 will do 4.1
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's probably just easiest to buy a CME Router off of eBay -- then you (hopefully) don't have to worry about about finding the "matching" supported IOS version and CME Software/Version.

You can usually find a 1760 or 2600XM CME Router on eBay for between $90-$140. Currently it looks like you can score a 2650XM with CME 4.1 for $99 (+18 Shipping) Buy it Now from a good eBay Cisco seller (mjbjw).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    I think the 2600xm/1700 images run 4.1 as well. From what I have seen there is not much difference between 4.1 through to version 7 in terms of what is required for CCNA:V.

There are things in version 7 I can do which I can't in version 4.1 but that is mostly around SIP and MIcrosoft Exchange integration.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I did 2621xm in GNS3 for he longest time. Worked great. But in the end you are going to need a FXS/FXO ports to get the hands on time with those.
    -Daniel
    I am trying to get a 3700 router in GNS3 to work with CME, but I can't find the proper image. I am getting mixed information from cisco. If you go to Release Notes for Cisco 3700 Series Integrated Services Routers with Cisco IOS Release 12.4(15)XZ [Cisco IOS Software Releases 12.4 Special and Early Deployments] - Cisco Systems it tells you that the 3725 and 3745 support 12.4(15)XZ IOS, but when you go to the 12.4(15)XZ supported hardware, neither the 3725 or 3745 show up. I can't find a 12.4(15)XZ for the 3700 router. I want this IOS because it supports the 4.3 CME.

Anyone have any idea where I can find the truth? haha.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • mobzimobzi Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi bro... really nice notes on ccna-voice, equally good for cvoice too!

Concerning your IOS issue, use 12.4(15) with "T" train, yup that's the word cisco uses for IOS name suffix.