The next 36 hours ...

2»

Comments

• DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. You'll get it next time. icon_thumright.gif

It seems like you might need some more lab time. If you can remember the sims, try to recreate the scenario in a lab.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to hear that. But now you know where you stand and precisely what you need to invest the time in. You'll get it next time.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry about it, you'll feel better tomorrow (trust me). While everything is fresh in your mind write down the area that you know you had trouble in despite the percentages try to specific. I agree that the sims and diagram make it difficult especially when trying to relate the question to what's presented especially under the pressure of time.

Keep on it and try to take it as a learning experience you'll kick it next time, and if you get frustrated scream my cisco war cry (works for me). :)
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone know of any good labs to take on ... This the real equipment I will try to upgrade if I can...

2-2620 (non-xm and gonna need a couple of WICs along with an IOS upgrade)
    1-3750
    2-2950s
    1-2924XL

Even PT labs will work in the meantime... I'm still undecided on how to attack this, but my gut says take some time off.

We are expecting a child in August, and we are going on vacation in two weeks. I probably will not have much time when the baby is here, so I think I might just go on vacation and come back refreshed and go at it then.

But, tomorrow another day I could be ready to go again!

Who knows~
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Fieldmonkey,

When I was studying for my CCNA, I ordered the lab manual from Ciscokits.com. It's a bit pricey ($30.00) and it has a few labs on some very old technology (IGRP). But it reinforced my knowledge on the areas that I felt I was weak on. I'm like you... I had a hard time creating my own lab environment and therefore I had to get the book. This may or may not work for you... it's just a thought! Good luck on your retake!!! You'll knock it out next time...

Last thing... I failed my CCNA the first time as well... I went back a couple of week later and scored high in the 900's. I hope this helps... and good luck again my friend!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone know of any good labs to take on ... This the real equipment I will try to upgrade if I can...

2-2620 (non-xm and gonna need a couple of WICs along with an IOS upgrade)
    1-3750
    2-2950s
    1-2924XL

Even PT labs will work in the meantime... I'm still undecided on how to attack this, but my gut says take some time off.

We are expecting a child in August, and we are going on vacation in two weeks. I probably will not have much time when the baby is here, so I think I might just go on vacation and come back refreshed and go at it then.

But, tomorrow another day I could be ready to go again!

Who knows~

Check the CCNA FAQ sticky at the top. Theres a metric butt ton of links to labs in there.

And yes, metric butt ton is an official measurement. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry didn't pass. Do not worry you will get it next time. Just study harder. I really thought you had it too.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • fly351fly351 Member Posts: 360
    That sucks, hope you pass it next time icon_twisted.gif
    and if you get frustrated scream my cisco war cry (works for me). :)

I have made my Cisco war cry. Remember Charles Angels "thin man" scream? icon_thumright.gificon_twisted.gificon_cool.gif

YouTube - AAAAAEEEIEIEAAAAOHOWAOWOWWWEEEE AIIAEIEEEE vivian WOOD
    CCNP :study: