Possible new job

loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
However! Ok I'm in the process of studying for my CCENT (cisco) however this job requires linux / windows server admin stuff. I know the windows server admin stuff however I don't really want to drop my ccent studying which I take in 1 week to start studying linux. I will don't get me wrong just not for another week if that makes sense.

Now I know linux is largely command line based. I know some of the commands but i'm a definite newb by all means of the word for linux. What are some of the basic things I need to know about linux do you think in order to get by for now? If any of you know linux that is please feel free to offer advice :)

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Do you have a cisco lab?? Maybe you can connect your linux machines to the cisco lab so you don't have to drop your cisco studies and sorta study both at the same time.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    Hmm that's a good idea... lol. I do have two cisco 2600 routers with a 2900 xl switch connected currently to a windows xp laptop as the console. I guess I could setup a linux server to connect to them.

You sir are wise.