CUE? IIUC (640-460) - Exam question

tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am getting ready for my exam, I have everything ready, but I do not have a CUE or UC500 setup, I have gone over the material very closely, around these topics will I be ok, or should I wait and get the AIM-CUE or NM-CUE?.

I used a 2650XMx2 with FXO/FXS ports with physical and virtual phones, I can dial out and in, and get the proper phones to ring etc..

Any advice would be welcomed. The CUE modules are expensive which why I passed on them.

Probably just pre-exam jitters (Monday I write)
ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010

Comments

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Both CUE and the UC5xx are nice to have but not absolutely necessary for the IIUC exam (12 months ago).

I bought a CUE but the money could have been better spent elsewhere, the attention CUE got in the exam was fairly limited. I've hardly used it since, that being said, I really need to learn it, esp doing auto-attendant setups.

The UC5xx on the other hand would have been a better investment, but unaffordable even now.

Good luck monday!

Cheers,
    Dave
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you look at the exam blueprint you'll find 2 "Describe" tasks and 3 "Configuration" tasks related to Cisco Unity Express -- plus the Explain Basic Troubleshooting Task.

If you know and understand what those config tasks want you to accomplish -- and know where to poke around in the software to do those configurations -- you should be fine.

In a perfect world you'd have a UC520 to prepare with -- but a lot of people are passing without it.

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tazdevil wrote: »

Probably just pre-exam jitters (Monday I write)

Good luck on Monday!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the luck, I did not make out so good, 637 needed 790, need to brush up on a lot of areas. I really got hosed with the a SIM. I guess having a 28xx might have helped, since I have no experience with those, and do not understand how their interface vwic's work, I think bit me.

I am going to take a short breather, then jump back in, I also think I tried to race this exam before I was probably ready, based on my results.

Lab, lab, lab,

My next purchase will probably be an 2801 and possibly a 2811. I am looking long range at a CCVP, and possibly down the road a CCIE Voice, so I figure the gear might be worth it long run.
    Thanks for the luck, I did not make out so good, 637 needed 790, need to brush up on a lot of areas. I really got hosed with the a SIM. I guess having a 28xx might have helped, since I have no experience with those, and do not understand how their interface vwic's work, I think bit me.

I am going to take a short breather, then jump back in, I also think I tried to race this exam before I was probably ready, based on my results.

Lab, lab, lab,

My next purchase will probably be an 2801 and possibly a 2811. I am looking long range at a CCVP, and possibly down the road a CCIE Voice, so I figure the gear might be worth it long run.

Sorry to hear you missed it. The positive side is that you were able to see the exam and now you know what's expected of you. Get back into your lab and complete as much as you can. What did you use to create your lab scenarios? I have the Cisco Lab Portfolio. It is really good thus far. I've only skimmed over the labs (because I'm still reading the Official Cert Guide) so I cannot say how well they reinforce the material. Good luck on your re-sit!!!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you could let me know the lab manual you are referring to that would be great. I used the lab examples from the Cisco Press with Jeremy and his CBT Nuggets videos.
    If you could let me know the lab manual you are referring to that would be great. I used the lab examples from the Cisco Press with Jeremy and his CBT Nuggets videos.

Here you go: IP Telephony Using CME Lab Portfolio

Also... just thought of this... TE Member Mikem2te has some very good CCNA Voice & CCNA Security Notes on his site: Mikem2te's Notes
    This can help you highlight/summarize some of the areas on the CCNA Voice.

I hope this helps!!

V/r

-Peanut

-Mayor Cory Booker